chapter ten

Please tell me that's not Mike...

"Hey, if you're thinking Mike, it's not. Don't worry about him now."

Hiro sighs of relief. "But what is it?"

"Turn around," you instruct. He did what you told him. "You see that colorful poster, Hiro?"

He squints his eyes playfully. "No, I can't see it."

You giggle. "Here, Hiro, it says..." you read the poster. "It says there's a firework show later," 

"Where?"

"Here at the park later! I can't believe it!" You reply back enthusiastically, but you look at Hiro as your eyes beg. "Hiro, I know you're gonna get grounded when you come home late... but can we stay over for the show? Pretty please!" You smile.

Hiro is hesitant. He's sure that if he comes home that late for a firework show, he will receive another lecture from his older brother, Tadashi. "I don't know, N/N..."

"Please, Hiro, it's just for my birthday!" You continue to beg. "I'll always be here for you, and... and... you'll always be here for me too, right?"

Hiro sighs. "Okay, Y/N, let's stay for the night." he smiles.

"Yes!" You scream as you hug Hiro. "I knew I could count on you. Thank you so much, Hiro." 

He hugs back. "You can always count on me, Y/N."

The both of you pull away and you stand up. "Come on, dude. Let's run over to the field,"

"Bet you're slow," Hiro sticks out his tongue as he also stands up.

You smirk. "Bet you're slower," you ready your stance. "Ready... set... go!" And you run off, with Hiro trailing behind you.

As Hiro attempts to run over you, he can't help but stare at your beauty.

"Run away with me! Run away with me~!" You sing as you continue to run.

He remembers the first time he saw you.

You laugh. "See? I run faster,"

If only you know a little love is all he needs.

"Hiro, are you a turtle?" You and Hiro finally reach the fields and trees. "Well that was exhausting," you breathe. "Anyhow, let's sit and open our presents."
As the loser of rock-paper-scissors, Hiro gives his present to you. "Here's your gift."

You smile and gently shake his present.  "Hm. I wonder what's inside,"

"Find out for yourself," he winks. You smile and rip open the box.

You gasp. "It's a photo album of... of our best moments and mischiefs. Hiro, I... I love it! Thank you so much for this!"

"I made it special for you," he smiles.

"No, Hiro. It's more than special." You say. "Anyway, here's my present for you  better open it now!"

Hiro opens your gift.

"So, do you like it?"

It's a wall clock with the picture of you and Hiro. "This is so cool! Thanks, N/N!"

"I had that carefully made, for your info," you say. "Hang that somewhere in your room, so whenever you look at the time... you'll always remember me." You smile.

"Sure thing," he grins back. "I like how you came up with that idea."

You chuckle. "Oh, why thank you, dork." You suddenly look up. "Look up, Hiro,"

He did and sees the night sky. "The night sky is mesmerizing."

"Yup. Kinda reminds me something."

Hiro thinks for a moment. "... people and love?"

"Exactly!" You agree. "All of those stars, imagine they're people. Think about it. Seven billion stars. Different belief, different looks. And somehow, a star gets to meet a special star who'll..." you trail off.

Hiro looks at you. "Who will love her,"

You nod. "Yeah, that special one. One out of seven billion... there's only one." You look around the park to see people holding hands and looking at the sky too while talking. "Look at all these sweet couples around us, Hiro. How could I forget? It's Valentine's Day."

"They seem to be having a great time," Hiro comments.

"Yeah, and they're all holding hands. How do we blend in?"

Suddenly, but carefully, Hiro's hand holds yours. You gasp and look at him. "Let's pretend to be sweet, I guess?"

"Okay!" You scoot much closer into him. "There!" You giggle and squeeze Hiro's hand back.

He chuckles but he can't hide the blush appearing on his cheeks. "Does it still feel awkward?"

"Nope, not anymore." You reply back. "Hey, about that life goal I told you earlier..."

"Yeah?"

"There's this goal I have. It might not be the most important one, but..." you trail off. "One day, I'll find that special star of mine."

Have you found him yet?

That was Hiro's question in his head to ask you, but he thinks it's pretty straight-forward. "Do you think you've found him?"

"I... I don't know. Not yet, I think." You shrug. "Maybe someday. When the right time comes, at the right place." You turn to Hiro. "How about you, Hiro? Have you found yours?"

You.

"Uh... not yet, too." Hiro responds.

"Oh, how could I forget? Y/N Miyazaki, right?" You smile. "Good luck, Hiro."

He sighs quietly. Hiro wants to tell you so badly, he figured it's best to tell it... now.

"Y/N, I've got something to tell you."

◆△◆△◆

~KimmiePines