I bit my lip. "I'm not telling."

     "Very well." Phoenix pulled his gun slowly out of his pocket, giving me time to be terrified. "If that's how you want to play, then so be it."

     "Don't," I said as he aimed the gun at me. I backed up, but just ended up hitting the wall. "You said it yourself; you're not going to kill me. I'm too 'valuable.'"

     "Who said I was going to kill you?" Phoenix lowered the gun, pointing it at my leg. "Now, are you going to tell me?"

     I eyed the gun. I didn't want to tell him, but I didn't want to get shot, either. I wasn't sure what to do, so I stayed silent.

     "Well, don't say I didn't give you an option." Phoenix shrugged again before pulling the trigger.

     I can honestly say I was not expecting him to actually shoot me, but it hurt. A LOT.

     The bullet entered my thigh, and I screamed out in pain. My leg gave way, and I crumpled to the floor, watching blood pour from the wound.

     "Well?" Phoenix demanded, putting the gun away in his pocket and coming over to stand above me. "You going to tell me?"

     I gritted my teeth, not giving up that easily despite the agony I was in. "No," I said.

     Phoenix raised an eyebrow. "Wow, tough. Usually other people would be spilling their tiny little hearts out, and then I'd dispose of them." My mouth fell open a little bit. "Oh, don't worry," Phoenix assured me. "I'm not going to kill you. You're useful." I wasn't sure whether I should be relieved or even more scared.

     I didn't say anything, trying to stop the blood flow. I didn't have anything to make a tourniquet with, so all I had were my hands. That didn't work, and I could already feel myself slipping from the real world. I struggled to stay conscious.

     "Come on," Phoenix said, bending down to pick me up. "Let's get you somewhere else." He moved me, and I cried out. Black spots clouded my vision, and I strained to push them away, but Phoenix began dragging me, and I couldn't hold on anymore. My eyes fluttered shut, and I blacked out.

ෆධෆ

I slowly, reluctantly peeled my eyes open. I glanced down at my leg to see that it was bandaged up. Surprising for Phoenix.

     I tried to stand up, but something yanked me back. I glanced behind me to see chains attaching me to the wall. I attempted to make something, anything, appear in my hand, but it didn't work. Darn.

     "Good morning Callie," Phoenix's cool voice said. I turned my head to where he was, and glared at him. My thigh was still throbbing.

     "What do you want?" I growled.

     "I wanted to make sure you were okay," Phoenix said innocently.

     I snorted. "Yeah, so you could use me to take over the world."

     Phoenix grinned. "Exactly. You've helped so far to kill most of your classmates-"

     I didn't give him a chance to finish. I lunged, or at least tried to, at him. I hated him with every fiber in my body at that moment. It was technically my fault that Angela, Carter, and Lilac were dead. Although I didn't kill them directly, I gave Phoenix the location of the school, so it was basically my fault that they were dead. Phoenix kept bringing it up, and I know he was just trying to both me, but it was working.

     The chains tugged me back, and I stumbled to the ground again, my thigh aching from putting pressure on it.

     Phoenix looked shocked at first, but then he sneered at me. "Aww, am I bugging wittle Cawwie?" he asked in a baby voice, bothering me even more.