"You can just quit anytime you feel like it," I countered. "I'm kind of the saviour for your school."

     Ashton threw his hands up in the air. "And you bring up the saviour bit!"

     "If you didn't want me to be the saviour, you shouldn't have come after me in the first place!" I yelled.

     "If I hadn't, Phoenix would have gotten you and used you to destroy us all!" Ashton cried.

     "Now I'm an object?" I shouted. "You don't own me, Ashton, and neither does Phoenix! Why don't you get that fact through that tiny brain of yours and leave me alone!"

     "I would if I had a choice," Ashton replied angrily. "You're either the downfall or the rise of the Powers!"

     "Guys, stop!" Nash screeched, and we both fell silent. "We aren't going to get Lilac and Calypso's little brother back by bickering."

     "We aren't going to get them back," Ashton growled. "I am." With that, he turned on his heel and left the little space that was assigned to me.

     I struggled to sit up, but Nash held me down firmly. "No," he ordered.

     "But, Nash," I whined.

     "No," he repeated determinedly. "You're going to rest, okay?"

     "Don't you guys have a healer?" I asked.

     "Yes," he said, "but I know that the minute you're healed, you're going to follow Ashton and save Lilac and your brother. Ashton's got control of this, okay? You don't need to interfere."

     "But I do!" I protested. "It's my brother and my best friend that Phoenix has. This is my business, not Ashton's. He's the one who doesn't need to interfere."

     "Calypso," Nash said. "Ashton is in charge of this whole place. He could kick you out in seconds."

     "I hope he does," I spat. "I don't need him, or this place to survive."

     "Yes you do," Nash argued. "The last thing we need is Phoenix to have possession of you."

     "There you go again, talking about me like I'm some kind of object!" I exclaimed. "No one owns me, okay? I come and go where I please."

     Nash sighed and put his face in his hands. "Calypso, can you please co-operate? The last thing we need is our saviour to rebel against us."

     "The 'saviour' does what she wants," I fought back. "I'll rebel if I want."

     Nash sighed again. "Calypso, please. Just get some rest."

     "Fine." I pouted before rolling over onto my injured arm. I wince, and then rolled over on my good side and closed my eyes. I faked sleeping until I heard Nash leave, his footsteps fading away. I cracked my eyes open and, once confirming he was gone, I climbed out of bed.

     I wasn't used to being a little sneaky rebel.

     I looked down row of white beds, most unoccupied. Down at the far end was a door that I was assuming was an office type thing. On the other side of the room was the exit.

     I left my little closed in space and pattered across the room. Once I reached the door, my head was killing me, but if this was where the healer was, it was worth it.

     I lifted my good arm up and knocked, firmly but quietly, upon the wooden door. I heard footsteps inside, and then it opened, revealing a girl with brown hair up in a bun.