Burning Wick

[ Chapter 3! Enjoy! ]

~ Flame Princess POV ~

Glob. She hadn't expected this at all. She had thought that Finn wouldn't have any remaining 'special' feelings for her.

But she was wrong.

He did have remaining feelings for her, and she could tell. By the way he acted, spoke, just, everything. And she didn't even know if she felt the same way. Dang, love is complicated. The rest of the breakfast date was silent, after Finn had pried Jake's stretchy hand off of his mouth and silently ate his share of Bacon Pancakes.

She felt extremely awkward, taking occasional glances at the blonde boy and shifting uncomfortably in her tin foil covered chair.

She finally ate her pancakes (and may I add, they were all burnt.), she shot out of her chair, immediately heading towards the door.

"Flame Princess--?!"

Finn bolted out of his chair and stood in her way of the door.

"What? I finished..." She trailed off.

"Don't leave. Please," Finn pleaded. "I just... I miss hanging out with you, I just wanted to, I dunno, spend the day with you and junk!"

"..Oh."

Flame Princess wasn't quite sure how to respond to that. But, she decided to slowly nod in approval, her lips curving into a smile.

"Will you, FP?" Finn twiddled his fingers for a few moments.

"Yeah.. sure!" The flaming princess beamed at him, her flames once more growing brighter. Finn sighed in relief and smiled wide.

"Cool! Er- wanna go, uh, take a walk or some shiz?"

"Sure. As long as it isn't in the Candy Kingdom..."

"Of course!" Finn ran over to the counter and put on an oven mitt; then ran back to Flame Princess and grabbed her hand.

She blinked a few times, startled. Finn began to pull her towards the door, swung it open, and pulled her outside. He slowed his pace, walking in the opposite direction of his home, and the CK.

"So, uh, where are we going, exactly?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Oh, aha, I actually don't know." Finn said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh," She said. "Well, okay."

It went silent for a few minutes, and they just walked during that awkward silence. They both took in the scenery. It was only morning after all, and the sun had started to rise. What Flame Princess hadn't noticed though; was that ever since Finn had taken her hand..

He's been blushing.

Blushing so much, that he forced himself not to even look in her direction, because he feared he would embarrass her.

Finn already knew though; that he had already been embarrassed in front of Flame Princess before, because of that one bet that him and Jake had with the whole body suit thing. But this time; he wasn't aiming to embarrass himself again.

~ Finn's POV ~

This has to work, he thought. It just has to! I planned this all out on my way to the Fire Kingdom; I got this! Finn started to fidget nervously.

And that was true! On his way to the Fire Kingdom; He stopped along the way to see an old friend, Flambo. He had asked Flambo to cast the flame shield on a flower field; So Flame Princess would be able to enjoy being around the flowers and not burn them all.

And hopefully; Flambo listened.

Finn quickened his pace, and so did the Princess. There was a blue glow in the distance; and Finn grinned, while the Flame Princess' eyes widened in interest on what it was.

Sure enough, Flambo had managed to cast the flame shield on the entire flower field. Finn slowly looked at the Flame Princess to observe her reaction to the whole situation.

She looked shocked.

Flattered.

Embarrassed.

Mad.

Happy.

And upset at the same time; And with all of those emotions mixed she looked like as if she was about to burst out crying in front of the teenage boy.

"...Finn.."

[ End of Chapter 3 for now! Kehehe; Cliff hanger. eue I'll get Chapter 4 up soon!~ ]