{Short Story} *Don't go next door*

''Hrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhrrrhhh''     

                                                                                                                                                                                                     There it was again.

The strange, abnormal sounds coming from next door.
It kinda sounded like a chainsaw and...well, I don't really know how to describe the noise. I want to say that it sounded like aliens, but then, of course, you wouldn't believe me.
And no, I'm not crazy. That's just how creepy they are; the Laurney's, our new neighbours.
They are your typical perfect family who live next door to you. For some reason, my mom always insists on inviting them over for dinner, despite my obvious discomfort around them. After meeting them, I knew something was off—even hearing their name gives me chills! But like my mom says, "Our families are very different. You're simply not use to seeing such a perfect family; ours is quite dysfunctional!"
Ha. Ha.

Whenever my mom invites them for dinner, they always act super suspicious and weird, as if their trying their best to hiding something?
My dad thinks it's just because they're aren't a outgoing family, and they have poor people skills. But I've watched enough horror movies to know that's bullshit. Something's definitely up.
I also wonder why they moved next door in the first place? That house is so old and rusty. Either they have a poor sense of design, or they're secretly monsters seeking refuge in a creepy house to lure stupid fearless kids in to eat them.

Anyways, I'm currently "observing" (not stalking) them from the window. It's been a while now since I've made it my duty to figure out what those strange noises are, and whether or not the Laurney's are keeping a deep, dark, dirty secret. Half of my body was sticking out of the window and I had binoculars in my hand, occasionally using them if I think I see some movement or voices. 

''Kat! Stop stalking the neighbours and come eat dinner! You're invading their privacy and they can sue us for that! You'll be paying for that yourself you know!".                                                                                     
Oh right, my mom is also aware of my apparently "exaggerated" thoughts on the Laurney's, but she doesn't agree with me, stating that my imagination is too wild and that 'I'm going to far'.

Pft, Adults...      

''Coming mom!", I shouted, throwing my binoculars on my bed and rushing out of my room, "And for the millionth time, I'm not stalking them! I'm observing! There's a difference!"
"Honey, I know our generations might be different, and often times I admit to not knowing what the hell your talking about, but stalking will forever remain as stalking!"

"Okay maybe but—"
As I was closing the door, something on my window caught my eye. It was a crow, I think? Well it looked like one, except for its cat-like eyes and unusual blood-red feathers. Staring at his eyes, I got caught in a trance, I couldn't look away. His eyes looked so... demonic, evil—

"Ya ya whatever, just get over here! The foods getting cold and you already know your father isn't a patient man!"

Her voice broke me out of my trance. I looked back at the window, only to find nothing there. I tried rubbing my eyes to clear my vision, but nothing changed. Was it my imagination? But, it seemed so...real.
I shook my head and rubbed my temples. This creepy neighbour thing is really stressing me out.

I washed my hands, then rushed down the stairs. Knowing dad, if I didn't go downstairs now, he would probably eat everything, stating that "since I didn't come down right away, he thought I wasn't that hungry".
And I speak from experience.