Kitchen Sink

" Leave me alone

 Don't leave me alone" 

Erin managed to get six hours of sleep. She went to bed around 3:00 AM and woke up around 9:00. She certainly felt tired, but she knew that she had to freshen up and get ready quick before Jillian would make her return to the fire station. 

Erin decided to take a shower. She wanted it to be quick, though, because she had overslept. Jillian usually came to the station at 10:00 AM, so time was running short. By the time Erin got out of the shower, it was 9:25. She ran to her temporary sleeping quarters and grabbed a fresh pair of clothes and ran back to the bathroom to change. Time was quickly ticking away from Erin. By the time she was fully clothed, haired dry, and teeth brushed, it was 9:50. " Oh no," Erin thought to herself," She is going to be here soon!" Erin ran down the steps, got herself a cup of coffee, fixed the mess Kevin had left at his desk the night before, and situated her own desk to look professional. It was now 9:58. " She will be here any minute." Erin thought. 

... 

Erin's day had been completely turned around. She was expecting the arrival of Jillian to be at 10:00 AM, but now it was 2:00 PM. There was still no sign of the quirky, blonde engineer. Erin could only think of the worst. " What if she really is over the Ghostbusters and me? Is she really not coming back?" Erin kept asking herself questions mentally. It was getting to the point where she was driving herself to the point of insanity. 

By the time 3:00 PM came around, she decided to just leave the fire house. " Hey, Abby, I'm just going to go back to my place. See ya guys tomorrow. " 

" Okay. See you tomorrow!" Abby responded back from upstairs. 

Erin grabbed her bag of belongings and jacket. She poured her remaining coffee into a traveling cup and headed out the main doors of the fire station. She did not feel like taking a cab like she usually did to her apartment. Instead, she decided to take the subway. Erin did not like the subway mainly because of the personalities of the many people down there, but today she decided to suck up her opinion. 

She walked down the green steps into the underground transit system. She walked by the booth where one of Patty's old colleagues was located. Erin gave a friendly wave and smile at the booth attendant, and the attendant did the same back. Erin proceeded to the platform and saw the wait time for her train to her apartment. It was a 25 minute wait. " Ugh, I should have just taken a cab. " Erin muttered to herself. " This transit system never runs on a regular time basis. Always different. " 

" I can surely agree with you on that one." Said a woman's voice from behind her. When Erin turned, it was a woman with blonde hair up in a normal pony tail, sweats, black high tops, and a black jacket on. Also, the woman for some reason had sunglasses, white brimmed, but dark shaded sunglasses on in the subway. Erin was judging her choice for the eye-ware. 

Erin hesitated to respond back, but when she did, she said," Um, yeah. Never consistent. " Erin looked up again at the time left. 23 minutes, which to Erin, seemed like it was going to feel as if it were an hour away. She decided to login to her phone. Right before she logged on, the black screen showed the reflection of the blonde woman behind her. She gained a sense of familiarity. Erin, now filling with curiosity of who that woman is, took another quick glance at her. She knows she has seen this person before, but can't pinpoint who she is. At one point, the curiosity took over Erin's mind. She had to ask the woman who she was. 

" Hey, excuse me?" Erin said with caution. 

The blonde woman looked up from her phone and said, " Yep."