1+1=3

February 7th.

It had been a week. A whole new week. Charles gone, Scorpius depressed and Albus know where to be seen. Scorpius just found something fishy about the situation, but he didn't know what. Of course Albus wouldn't be cheating, he was too kind and caring. Charles wouldn't cheat either, he was honest and caring as well. So nothing added up. It was like a puzzle with pieces that just didn't connect. Scorpius would stay awake at night thinking about both Albus and Charles. His two best friends, the only people who understood. Scorpius had to get to class, but he really didn't feel like it. He had stayed up all night finishing his essay on Everyday Muggle Items for his Muggle class.

Scorpius' thoughts broke when the stairs started to creak. No one came up this early in the morning. But, it was just Charles. He had a huge, goofy grin plastered on his face, and his hands behind his back.

"Scor, I have a surprise for you!" He exclaimed. He skipped up the rest of the stairs and pulled out a tub of cookie dough ice cream and 2 huge spoons.

"I'd love to but I have classes." Scorpius said sadly.

"Well, I fixed that. You see I may or may not have dropped a few drops of a potion that makes people fall asleep for the entire day into every teacher's morning tea." He said proudly. He ruffled his dark black hair and smiled widely. This one  could never stop smiling. It made Scorpius smile as well. Smiling sure was contagious.

"Ok, hope in. Let's get eating!" Scorpius exclaimed. He was happy that he got to skip class, but especially that he got to do so with Charles. Charles curled into the bed and nudged closer to Scorpius. He passed Scorpius a spoon and took a huge scoop himself.

"This is so good." Scorpius groaned. He dove in for another bite and swallowed it in a hurry. But, he was left with a little bit on his top lip.

"Scor, you got a little something." Charles warned. He leaned in closer and wiped the small spot of ice cream off of his small lip. Charles couldn't help but be mesmerized by Scorpius' bright, shimmering blue eyes. Charles decided to make a move. He leaned in and the minimal space between them was gone. Their lips connected quickly, taking Scorpius by surprise. He pulled his lips away quickly.

"Charles, I have a boyfriend." Scorpius whispered. Charles looked down, embarrassed. He didn't mean to complicate Scorpius' feelings, he just couldn't help it.

"I'm so sorry. I should go." Charles said hurriedly. He got up and left, his eyes watering. He was starting to catch feelings for his new friend, but he didn't want to break him and Albus up.

Scorpius was left confused about his feelings. He was completely and utterly in love with Albus, but ever since Scorpius first laid eyes on Charles, he took his breath away. But, no. What was he thinking? It was as if Scorpius forgot about Albus through all this time. He decided he'd go to the hospital wing. He'd break in, he'd see his boyfriend if that's the last thing he ever did. Seeing Albus was all he had wanted for the last month, it was necessary for his mental health. That night, Scorpius would get in.

~~~That Night~~~

Scorpius was dressed in all black, ready to go. Everyone was asleep in the common room, and was deeply asleep in the dormitories. He tip-toed out making close to no sound. The hospital wing wasn't too far from his common room, only two flights of stairs upstairs. He started on his way, illuminating his wand to guide the way. Finally he was there. No one to stop him or to say no. He opened the door just to find that it was locked.

"Alohomora." Scorpius muttered. The door creaked open slowly. It was pretty empty. There at the far right was the boy he knew, but looking much worse. Scorpius walked over and stood right over him. He was asleep, but even though Scorpius knew he wasn't well. He had red circles around his eyes and scars on his arms. His lips were cracked and dry. What have they been doing to him? It was as if they were making him worse than better. Scorpius started shaking Albus' arm gently. Usually it didn't take much to wake Scorpius up, but now he couldn't wake him.

"Al. Albus! Wake up!" Scorpius whispered loudly.

"Whaaa." He murmured.

"Albus, it's me. Baby, it's me." Scorpius replied. Albus opened his eyes quickly and alarmed.

"Ahhhhhh!" He screamed.

"Shh. Albus it's ok. It's just me." Scorpius said calmly.

"I don't know who you are. Get away from me." Albus warned.

"It's me. Your best friend. Your boyfriend?"  Scorpius added. Albus' face just grew even more confused.

"I'm not gay, and I'd never be friends with you. Now go or I'll call Doctor Delphini." Albus started talking louder.

"Doctor Delphini?" Scorpius repeated.

"Ya, she's one of the best. Now go!" Albus cried. Scorpius got up and walked towards the door. He took one last glance at the poor boy, then jogged out. How was she still alive? And what had she been doing to Albus? A bundle of tears flew down Scorpius' face. He sat down at the wall beside the hospital and just cried. He cried himself to sleep, staying right there, as close to Albus as he could get.

The next morning he woke up to see Rose, Augusta and Charles surrounding him. There were a few other kids around just staring at Scorpius.

"Scorpius, you were here all night." Augusta said.

"I'm not ok." Scorpius finished. He closed his eyes and fell back asleep.