Pretty Hurts - I

You: "Thirsty?"

Lucky: "Only for you baby"

-------------------

I pushed my way through the mob of sweaty bodies as I was looking for the bar.

I wander around a bit more before discovering the kitchen, I lean over the counter and grab myself a beer. I feel someone slap my ass as I bend over the bench, immediately alarmed I turned around to see who the culprit is:

"Y/n, looking good", Micah and his football buddies chuckle,

"Ugh, who do you think you are Micah? Go bother someone else before I kick your ass", I roll my eyes and scoff,

"Well what if I only want to bother you?", he bites his lip, I cringe hard.

"Listen here and listen good you spineless cock bag, I'd rather hurl myself into the sun than be bothered by you so please, for the love of God leave me alone", I seethe.

"Damn y/n you're turning me on with that attitude. The feisty ones are always better in bed", he sends me a stomach-turning wink, I refrain from gagging.

"Please just stop talking because every word that leaves your mouth makes me want to neck myself", I roll my eyes and make my way out the kitchen but Micah thinks otherwise, he blocks the entrance with his large frame.

"Move it you fucking wall", I glare at him but he doesn't budge,

"Why don't we have a little fun? You could loosen up a little", Micah advances on me, I step back until my back presses against the kitchen island,

"Don't be shy y/n, I don't bite", a wicked grin spreads across his face. He snakes his arms around my waist causing me to squirm,

"Ew! Get off me you creep!", I punch his face and for a moment, I'm free. I take the opportunity and leg it only to crash into a hard chest,

"Watch it!", without even looking I can already tell who it is...

Everything suddenly stops, no music or breathing. Just tension.

Lucky is the first to say something.

"y/n...", I can feel his eyes on me, I refuse to look at him.

"Lucky...", I address him. Everyone is still watching. The butterflies that once were in my stomach decide to resurface...

"Can I talk to you y/n? Outside?", he asks cautiously. I just nod.

Me being stupid enough to agree, I follow him outside. He leads me to the garden.

It's dark but I can still see, and for the first time in two years. I look at him.

He's more handsome now.

The face I once memorised is different, matured in fact. His blue eyes still capture me in ways no one else can.

I'm breathless.

"Y/n... I-I'm so sorry." The words I have been dying to hear have finally been spoken.

"Why?", my eyes begin getting hot, "Why did you come back?", I feel a familiar pain tighten my chest,

"I needed to see you again", his eyes turn glossy,

"You had two years. What makes you think I want to see you? I spend two years trying to forget and just when I think I have, you come back.", my breath is shaky.

"No apology can make up for what I did, but all I want is another chance", he pleads,

"All you want?", I scoff. "Are you really that selfish? It's always about you isn't it? Have you ever thought about what I want?". I release the anger that's been trapped inside me.

"Y-Y/n, I had no idea...", he tries to conceal any hurt,

"You know what? I think we're done here, find me when you have something better to say." I turn on my heel and walk away.

I don't even notice the tears streaming down my face...

-----------------------

Well... Should I do a Part 2? I mean, lmao I still haven't even uploaded Part 2 of 'Assistant'. Anyway, I hope ya'll enjoyed this chapter! I legit never upload and I'm sorry (haha), I will try upload whenever I can since I'm on holidays rn <3.

Much love,

Vanilllakilllaa