How to Kiss the Wrong Girl

A/N- Hey guys! Remember me? I'm the author of this story you're hopefully still reading... hahahahaha :( Really sorry for the delay, but I needed a break from writing to focus on school. The next update will be faster; most likely next week :)

Additionally, if you don't follow me then you don't know that I have posted a new story! It's a Paranormal teen fiction called "The Eighth Gate" that is a little (okay a lot) more serious than this silly tale but I promise it won't be dark or depressing, despite what the synopsis connotes! Besides, it'll have romance and two hot guys ;;;) I won't be updating it often until I finish this one (hopefully by the New Year), but don't let that discourage you from dropping a comment and adding it to your list.

This is unedited, but I hope you enjoy! This chappy has a bit of a shocker towards the end lol... you'll see what I mean ;)

_____________________________________________________________________________

My fist collided with the rock-hard surface of Raymond's front door, my knuckles bearing the brunt of the impact with each and every knock. They were going to start bleeding soon if this idiot didn't open up.

"Raymond!" I called, willing my voice to permeate the barrier placed before me and drift on over to my best friend's ears, wherever he was. "Don't tell me you're taking a dump, man! This is an emergency!"

Finally, a few moments later, a series of clicks sounded from the brass doorknob, and soon the door swung open with a subtle creak, revealing Raymond's lanky figure; the tips of his unruly hair tickled the top part of the doorframe while a plain white t-shirt hung loosely about his torso, making him look even thinner than usual.

The grimace planted on his face confirmed that my feeling of annoyance towards him was definitely being reciprocated.

"What?" he demanded irritably, rubbing his eyes, hazy with sleep, with the heel of his palm; his voice sounded deeper than usual, a dry rasp layered beneath its bravado. "I was taking a nap."

"That would explain the attitude," I grumbled. He made a move to shut the door in my face, but I quickly spoke up before he could. "I was at the dog park with Gwen Saunders," I rushed out.

He blinked, snorted once. "Right. And I just finished having tea with the President."

"I'm serious," I muttered. "Annemarie told me that Gwen would be taking Peaches out for a walk there, so I arranged to accidentally run into her."

Raymond raised a bushy eyebrow. "Oh? You managed to do that all on your own?"

I bobbed my head.

Raymond still looked skeptical. "If you're telling the truth, then I must admit- I'm quite impressed, Wells. I'm starting to get a sense that you're getting pretty serious about this."

I nearly rolled my eyes and huffed in exasperation. I was serious about my relationship with Gwen-didn't he know that by now?

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a fluffy pillow and a Scooby Doo blanket to attend to-"

"But that's not all," I continued, cutting him off.

"You sound like you're in a freaking commercial right now. Where's the remote with the off button?"

I decidedly disregarded this too, knowing that Raymond was just being Mr. Grumpy-Pants because he most likely spent the night doing god-knows-what with Scarlett (he tended to sneak over to her house when she asked). Plus, my next statement would pack a powerful punch-I knew it would. Because for the first time in quite possibly ever, I had done something right, and although it had gone a bit awry, it wasn't my fault. My stupidity, my social ineptitude, by tendency to find refuge in a hilarious joke in order to hide my discomfort-none of it got in the way of me kissing Gwen.