Blue Jeans

Mike set Elevens only suitcase on the couch. She stood to the side, with her hands behind her back; suddenly timid and quiet.

"So my mom will be home soon," the mouse-like girl perked her head up. "She'll be excited to hear you're back." Eleven nodded her head. She sat on the edge of the couch and put her face in her hands. She sighed loudly, and took her hair out of the pony tail.

"So..." Mike starts. "You're sure you're safe now?" There is an unnecessary hesitation to this question. She looks up.

"Well, I'm 99.9 percent sure." She ran her fingers through her now flowing hair. Mike noticed that her jeans were cut at the knees, but not by any manufacturer. He only knew with because blood outlined the fresh rip. He pointed to her knee.

"Do you need something to change into?" The house was silent. The steady tick of the clock was he only sound heard.

"That would be nice."

______________________________

Eleven held up the maroon sweatpants and smiled to herself. She remembers Mike giving her clothes before, and how much she appreciated it. She clutched them close to her chest and took in how they smelled. So familiar and welcoming. She slid the pants over her legs. She panicked when she realized that Mike hadn't given her a shirt. She covers her chest with her arm and cautiously steps out of the safety of the bathroom. In Mikes room, he folds clothes spastically. She stands in the doorway, terrified to speak up. For a moment she thinks about running back to the bathroom.

"Mike..." he snaps his head to the doorway and his eyes widen. "I need a shirt." He ruins his perfectly folded clothes to scramble for a shirt. He finds a faint yellow t-shirt and rushes to hand it to her. She doesn't look Mike in the eyes when he hands it to her. Her sheepish smile and blush was enough to tell him she was embarrassed. Mike stuttered and struggled to find his words.

"If you uh—need anything else, let me know." She nods once and shuffles back to the bathroom. She completely forgot how nervous Mike made her, and how much she missed him. She meandered her way to Mikes room, and knocked once on the door softly. When she entered, he held something small in his hands. She stood across from him and he held it to her face so she could see it.

"Promise." She breathed the word. Eleven took the bracelet from Mikes hands and slid it on her wrist. She examined its condition—only worn a few times. She shifted her gaze to Mike and smiled. Mike suddenly grabs Elevens hand and takes her to his wall of pictures. Mike had kept the Polaroid of the flower she drew, and the picture they had taken together. The note they had once passed between each other, was now framed in the center of the wall. Elevens heart throbbed with admiration. Mike twiddled his thumbs and his face burned a bright red.

"I kept it up," he scratched the back of his neck "it was too important to me..." he turned to her and just stared at her face. She looked at the wall in complete amazement. Small pink blotches were visible on her cheeks, but not nearly as much as Mikes. He mouth curled into a grin, she was thinking about something. Mike felt 15 again, being nervous around her and wanting to kiss her so badly.

"Eleven..." He tried to gather his words. "I didn't forget about you. Ever. In fact—" he paused.

"In fact what, Mike?" Her eyes were soft

"In fact...I thought about you every day. You were always on my mind." Eleven looked to her feet and clutched her arm tight.

"I didn't forget about you either, I didn't want to forget..." Mike inched closer to her and she followed him.

"You kept a promise." Mike got closer.

"So did you." Eleven got closer.

"Do you still promise?" Closer.

"Promise what?" Closer.

"To not leave me again." Closer.

"I wouldn't dream of it." Their eyes fluttered shut. They shared the same breath, and their lips grazed one another's. They were violently ripped from their moment to hear Karen shouting up the stairs.

"Mike," She yelled. "I'm home honey!"

______________________________

Boi.