【Tragedy】|Chapter Two

She had seemed like such a nice person but what had happened at the cafe had put (NAME) off so much that they couldn't sleep at all.The next morning,everything was as usual on a weekend day.(NAME) had started their day on a positive note and decided the best thing to do to get their mind off of things was to go to the library and read a novel and over all, just to have a nice relaxing day alone because that's what they needed most.

So that's what they did.They went over to the library after quickly grabbing casual clothing to put on.A plain white T-shirt and plain black jeans with their navy blue leather jacket and also decided to grab a backpack along with them.They made their way and nearly spent the entire day trying to read.

Wondering what Kaneki was doing now (NAME) stopped to ponder and the thought of him and his date had slipped their mind for the whole time.Sighing heavily they decided to stroll around outside and thought that it would be a good idea to walk back towards their favourite cafe to buy their self a cup of piping hot coffee.Air lightly left their nasal with their eyes closed as they imagined the taste of the coffee in their mouth and not wanting to wait any longer off they went to the small cafe they loved.They had a brought a novel with them into the cafe and as they read they sipped on their cup of hot black coffee.After many hours,they had finally realised how late it was therefore,without any delay,they rushed out of the now-empty cafe empty-handed.

The sun had already set and the street lights were now turned on,so instead of running all the way back home they calmly walked down the empty streets.The cool wisps of wind could be heard as they walked down the alleyway and through the path leading towards their house.This was until they noticed a familiar person walking in front of them.

They called out their name with a wide grin,

"Hide!"They had ran up to Hide in a hurry and still had the same wide grin on their face.Hide put a hand on their head a ruffled their hair playfully with the widest smile displayed on his joyous face.

"Hey,(NAME)!What are you doing out alone at night?"

(NAME) had raised a brow at him and asked just as curiously,"I could ask the same thing."Hide had just laughed before saying,

"What?Can't a guy take a scenic walk every now and then?"He chuckled as (NAME) laughed along.

"Yeah,yeah..Mind if i join?"

He allowed a smirk to spread across his lips,"Well,i suppose...."

(NAME) jokingly said,"Oh shut up,Hide..!Let's go already!"

Hide shrugged with a smile,"Whatever you say,captain."

"Hm,captain...i like that."After saying that,(NAME) and Hide both laughed together as they walked down the road together.

Meanwhile,Kaneki on the other hand was enjoying his night another way with a special person he had met.They both had mutual interests and saw no reason to not go on a date together.Although Kankei saw her as a partner or lover even...Rize..did not see him in the same way...and that's when Kaneki's world started to crumble.

No one could hear his sounds of agony.No one was aware of anything.The only thing Kaneki could piece together was that he went on a date with the wrong person because the person he was so willing to commit to was about to eat every piece of meat that would be left on the bones of his body and maybe she'd even be cruel and eat his bones too.Unknowingly as all of this had started,both of his friends were enjoying the night together whilst Kaneki was desperately running for his life.Never would they think that the last time they would see Kaneki for a lengthy period of time as his normal self was the last time they were all together because on that very day...tragedy had struck all of them.

The very next day seemed normal for both Hide and (NAME) but for Kaneki it was a nightmare that was beginning to unfold itself.This was a nightmare that was a problem that many people would suffer the effects from and it was a dream that none of them could wake up or escape from.

However,it was the worst for Kaneki because he had the constant reminder of him having a monster living inside of him and even worse was the fact that he couldn't tell anyone especially Hide.A thought of (NAME) flashed within his mind.

What would (NAME) think of him?

If Hide wouldn't trust him....(NAME) wouldn't...right?

He sighed a covered himself within his covers again and frowned deeply.He said to himself quietly,

"No one would ever accept a monster like me,"

Meanwhile,(NAME) was with Hide laughing and enjoying their last day of freedom before they and become busy again.They sat beside each other and were both smiling until some time had passed and things got a little awkward for both of them.They got a little too close for comfort and Hide looked at the time and told (NAME) he had to go.Avoiding his eyes at all costs they nodded and said their goodbyes.After,Hide had left they frowned and checked their phone.A name printed on the screen who they wanted to try and contact but there was no point they had thought.Leaving the phone faced upwards they decided to take a relaxing and long refreshing shower.

The words printed on the gleaming screen were,

'Kaneki Ken~           17:43   46%

011-XXX-XXX-XX'

After,(NAME) had slipped out of the shower and opened up one of their favourite novels and read for hours and felt more relaxed a a little less paranoid.They let out a long sigh and leaned back into the sofa.They picked  up the remote and aimed it towards the flat screen-television that stood on top of a white stand that had a chest of drawers.They looked outside the penthouse they were in to see streaks of red and white going in opposite directions.They had pressed their hand against the large panes of glass that were slightly covered by massive white curtains.

The young adult smiled to themselves as they whispered out their last sentence before crashing down into the comfort of their soft bed,

"I wonder what he's doing now..."

Unknown by (NAME) all that was happening to Kaneki was a mass amount of pain and suffering that was brought onto him ever since he met her