Garage Sales

Hello there! It's been awhile, but I finally got something posted. It actually didn't end up at all how I planned it too. My fandoms keep bleeding into each other without me even realizing it. But anyway, I'm gonna say this is set in season 9, minus every angsty thing that's happened so far. AND KEVIN IS ALIVE. He's alive, he's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYWAY I'M A BIT RUSTY RIGHT NOW BUT I HOPE YOU GOOD READERS LIKE IT!  Or a part of it at least......

____________________________________________________________________

There were a lot of hobbies Castiel could've picked up now that he was officially human. But of all of the possibilities there were Dean never would of thought it would be visiting garage sales. It was both surprising and a bit of a boring hobby.

It had been Sam's fault, introducing Cas to the "wonders" of garage sales.

"You couldn't just keep driving?"

"He really wanted to see what was happening Dean."

And they'd come back with a set of lamps shades and some books, making Dean wonder if they'd forgotten how grocery shopping worked.

Castiel couldn't get enough of it, finding the capacity for humans to share their valued possessions wondrous. Dean couldn't help but point out that it wasn't really sharing if you had to pay for it.

Castiel would drag one of them out to drive over to a garage sale any chance he got, even if they were in another state on a case. Dean was finding it hard to deal with all the crap he brought back. Posters of nature scenes, wool blankets, tons and tons of books, dream catchers. Even fitness videos.

"Cas....what the hell are you doing?"

"Some....something called a.....jumping jack."

"Are you sure you're putting the right kind of white stuff in your coffee?"

"W-what Dean?"

"Could you just stop for a minute please?"

"I...I can't. The video....."

"God Cas, what decade is this video from?"

"I...I don't...know...It was only.....50 cents.....I thought it was a good-"

"Now what the hell are you doing?"

"...Lunges."

"Cas. I can't be seen in public with you anymore."

"D-dean...."

"And would you take those goddamn shorts off?!"

Then there were the board games, and the puzzles. The different decks of cards. Dean didn't mind them all the time, they were a good distraction if they couldn't fall asleep one night. But Dean found that their midnight games never really saw an end due to.....other activities, and over the next couple of days Dean would be finding random cards in their bed or slipping on stupid little game pieces.

There were coffee mugs and vases, buttons of all kinds, key chains and chairs, so many drumsticks. Chopsticks and 3D glasses, even a freakin' cookie bake oven.

After accidentally rolling onto a plushy Dalek in his sleep, and waking up to the excruciatingly loud shouting of, "Exterminate! Exterminate!" causing Dean to swear loudly and grab his knife, picking it up and stabbing it in the chest in his haste to make the noise stop, he'd really had enough.

Castiel stirred from beside him, turning to curl into Dean's side only to be met with the sight of Dean's back as he stood up from the bed and continued to rip apart the poor Dalek.