ii.

he had slowly became more and more apart of my life.❞

September 24th, 2014
2:12pm

      "MA'AM CAN i get a refill?" the old lady sitting at the counter asked lila. lila worked at a local small diner that not many people visited in her city. but the majority was usually nice old folk or typical teenagers that wanted a cheap and nice place to hang out. she refilled the lady's cup with coffee and smiled as the lady thanked her.

      lila didn't hate her job, she actually really liked it. she loved the atmosphere of the place. it was so nice and upbeat. the decorations went with each other so wonderfully, and there was a jukebox that would play catchy songs that lila just grew to love.

      her eyes wandered to the big windows infront of her. something she loved about autumn was that even if it was two in the afternoon it was still a dim light outside. it wasn't too hot or too cold. it was the perfect type of weather.

      she saw many but not too many people walk up and down the street. some talking, some just smiling and some even holding hands. they were all either exiting or entering different shops. she saw a couple walking down the street past the diner. both of them laughing and smiling and they both seemed to enjoy each other a lot. lila admired that, but it wasn't something she ever wanted.

      she began to think about things like that. commitment. dating. lila never imagined herself to actually commit to someone. she wasn't sure if that was bad or selfish. it was just the truth. she didn't see herself sitting down and having a family. all she wanted to do was travel and do what she wanted. if she met someone along the way then that would be great but she just never saw herself doing that.

      she brushed her hair out of her face and she heard the bell of the door chime as someone entered the diner. she looked and saw a familiar person.

      it was the boy she met a few days ago in charlie's book store. harry styles, yeah that's his name. he sat down infront of her but not noticing her because his eyes were attached to his book.

      "hello harry." she smiled and he looked up at her and he smiled widely.

      "hello lila, how are you?" he closed her book after folding a corner to save his spot.

      "i'm great, how about you?"

      "i'd be even better if you can get me a coffee and a muffin." harry smiled.

      "coming right up sir." she laughed as well as harry. she got what he wanted and he thanked her.

      "what book are you reading?" lila asked.

      "the great gatsby. it's quite a beautiful novel if you ask me. the love that jay gatsby has for daisy is so unique and genuine. i wish to love someone as much as jay loved daisy."

      "that's quite a big request harry."

      "nothing's impossible lila." he smiled.

      "i really like they way you speak. like you speak as if you've written everything down, edited it, memorized it and are reciting it right now. you speak with such elegance and it's really wonderful."

      "thank you. i'm just trying to impress you if i'm being entirely honest." he chuckled a bit.

      lila smiled, brightly. "oh really?"

      "yeah. i assume it's working." he smirked.

      lila laughed, "yeah it is."

      "well would you like to go on a date with me?" harry asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

      lila acted as if she was thinking quite hard about her answer as she made a humming sound.

      she took a piece of his muffin and stuck it in her mouth before she smiled.

      "of course i would."

— ❁ —