Clary

Hi! This is Lauren! I have started to write a fanfic and this is a TID/TMI mashup. This is my first fanfic, so I hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story- Cassandra Clare does

PLEASE leave comments in the comment section! I honestly just want to get to know my readers.

________________________

Clary

Jace looks dumbfounded. I go to grab his hand, but then remember that I can't.

"It's alright, Alec isn't stupid."

Even as I say it, I know my words sound weak. I feel uneasy too. Something is out-of-place. Who is Tessa and what does she want with Alec? He's obviously never met her before. I try to picture the scene of her coming in, to figure out what is wrong.

Jace and I had both just been called in here, where we saw the angel's wings. My heart speeds up at the thought of how Sebastian acquired those wings, but I push the thought aside for the moment. She burst in here out of breath, so she had been running, but from what? I try to picture how she looked. She had on a jean jacket, a light purple sweater dress, leggings, and brown boots that may have been riding boots, I'm not really sure because Izzy is the fashion expert. Her hair had been in a bun, but it was falling out, probably because she was running. But what made her unlike other shadowhunters? Obviously she let herself in the institute, so she was a shadowhunter.

Then it hit me. The scars.

I whisper to Jace, "The scars, she has none."

She didn't have the light faded scars of a shadowhunter. But that doesn't make sense. If she was like me, before I found out about shadowhunting, she wouldn't have known about the institute or have been friends with Magnus Bane.

Jace seems to realize this at the same time I do. We look at each other. What could this mean?

Something still gnaws at the back of my mind, but I can't pinpoint why I'm so on-edge.

That's when I feel it. I feel something vibrating in my pocket. I reach in my pocket expecting to pull out my phone, but when I pull out a demon sensor it hits me all at once. I don't stop to think about how a demon got into the institute, I run to the doors of the library, push them open, and pull out a seraph blade.

I hear a chorus of 'Clary's!' behind me, but I ignore them as I charge into the hallway. I run into a surprised Alec and Tessa, if that's even her name, if it's even a her. "Eremiel!" I call out. Tessa turns towards me fumbling for something in her jean jacket, as I swing the blade. She easily ducks and doges my swing as if she has had years of practice. She obviously isn't new to the shadowhunting world despite her lack of scars. She sighs as if I'm a pesky fly instead of a trained shadowhunter with a sword. Alec looks stunned as if he doesn't know what to do. "She's a demon Alec!" I yell. Tessa looks like she's been slapped, and she stops trying to find what's in her jacket, but she keeps staring at me incredulously as she continuously doges each attack with little effort.

Jace and the others skid into the hallway. They probably heard my warning to Alec about Tessa being a demon since Jace comes running towards us. "Come on Jace! Help!" I say as I notice he's not pulling out his seraph blade. He quietly says, "Stop Clary." My blade clatters to the ground as I stare up at him incredulously.

"What?"

Jace looks uncomfortable as he says, "Clary you need to stop. You can't just attack another shadowhunter that walks into the institute without cause," he glances over at Tessa, "even if she does lack the scars of a shadowhunter."

"But she's not a shadowhunter," I argue back.

He sighs, "Clary, you're a smart girl. Be logical. She obviously got into the institute by herself, so she has to be a shadowhunter."

"But I am being logical, Jace. My demon sensor wouldn't have buzzed if she's wasn't a demon."

Jace looks taken aback, this must be new news to to him.

"Well..." he glances over at Tessa, who is now sitting against the wall with her arms covering, her face, "She could have encountered a demon and gotten demon blood on her..." he picks up my dropped seraph blade, "but she looks kind of clean, so you may be right Clary." He pauses. "But that doesn't explain how she got in here."

"Another shadowhunter could've let her in," I suggest.

The same idea dawned on both Jace and I have to same time. We look at each other. Sebastian.

I hear a sound. I look over at Tessa and I see her laughing bitterly.

"Wow," she says. "Now they don't even think I'm a human? Magnus is going to get a laugh at that one."

She looks at the sensor sticking out of my pocket.

"I guess it's all this new-found technology they have nowadays. It can detect the tiniest trace of demon blood."

She laughs without emotion.

"I guess this is how Magnus feels when all your sensors go off around him. A device that tells you what you already know."

She stands up and brushes herself off.

"I'm not going to sit here and be called non-human by my own fellow shadowhunters just because some of us are different."

She looks at Alec.

"I had really wanted to talk to you, I don't want... things, to go the way they have been, and I feel I can help and in return I feel you can help me."

She walks over and hands him a card.

"If you find yourself looking for a bottle, come look for me instead."

She gives him a half smile, turns, and starts walking towards the elevator. I nudge Jace. We can't just let a demon walk out of here! What has gotten into everyone? Jace ignores me and walks over to Alec.

He looks back at Tessa then at Alec, "Make smart decisions."

As everyone starts to leave, I hear a gasp and I see it's from Tessa. A teenage shadowhunter come out of the elevator, and he heads straight for her.

"Jem!" she exclaims.

Jem, or whoever he is, grabs her by the shoulders and he looks dangerously angry. I look over at Jace, he looks concerned and takes off towards the man.

"Hey. Get your hands off-"

"What the hell Tessa!? I said no!"

"Jem, I-"

Jace wraps his arms around Jem to pull him off of Tessa. Jem screams and then drops unconscious. Tessa screams Jem's name and fall to her kness in tears.

Heavenly fire is a dangerous thing.

________________________

I'll put the next chapter up in a day or 2. In the mean time, give me feedback or take a moment to check out my book I'm writing. It's called "The Evaluation" it will be by lolog623 just as this is. I'm actually kinda further in that book than I am in this one. But yea •~• thx guys :D