Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning in my some what unpacked room, and slugged to the bathroom and took a shower. I dressed in jeans a tank-top and converse not really putting much effort into my appearance, I left my hair down in its black wavy state and went downstairs.
"Good morning Em" my mom said gleefully "morning" I said as I grabbed a peace of bread and my backpack ."bye mom" " bye sweetie have a nice day" I grabbed my phone then started the 5 minute walk to Asher high.
When I got to the school everyone stared at me as if I was a gazelle in a field of lions.
"Emma? Is that you?" A lady from behind a desk asked. She motioned me over. " Hey Emma your the new girl right? Here's your schedule" " thank you" I said but I wasn't actually thankful I'd rather jump of a cliff into a pit of bleach. Before I could leave, she started to speak again "Oh my gosh I love your accent! Where are you from?" " I'm from London and thanks but I should probably go" " yes yes of course have a nice day!" I walked out with a smirk on my face, what was with people saying have a good day? I'd rather be in a pile of poisonous snakes.

I made my way down the hallway and to my first class, whom the teacher made me introduce myself to the class. " hello my name is Emma Parker and I moved here from London and I'm 16 years old" I decided to not share the dramatic part of my life only my family knows. " we'll miss. Parker take a seat please and welcome to America"
I made it through all the way to 4th block and was mentally giving myself a gold star for not making a fool of myself. Go me!
I walked into the cafeteria and was hit by the sudden wave of panic over where I would sit, I didn't know anyone.
I sighed and dropped my head and got in the lunch line " perfect" I Mumbled to myself .I got my food and sat down at a table by myself.
I picked at my food, my appetite leaving me. When someone put their hand on my shoulder " excuse me Miss. Parker....there's a call for you.