Chapter Five- Worst Birthday EVER

I walked up to the house,My body was colder than normal, From being out in the rain for hours. I still have no idea what time it is, But all I know this day is going to suck. I walked into the house, Unsurprised at the sudden movement of people, Even less when Jacob came over and hugged me, making the pain and anger leave my body "Where the hell were you?" He asked trying to sound angry but ended up sounding worried.

"Mikayla, Where have you been? We've been looking everywhere for you" Sam said in a clear angry voice, I mentally sighed. If I knew it would be like this, I wouldn't of come back, I would of stayed where I was until the police dragged me home.

"I was out, As if it really matters" I said rolling my eyes, Only to earn a disapproving look from Jacob. I looked up and him shrugging quickly, I knew why he was giving me that look. I really don't care though, I will be getting it alot.

"You're 15 Mikayla, You do not need to be out at three in the morning." Sam said still in a angry voice, But that is where he is wrong, I left at ten, Not three. But I wont point that out to him, It will only make it worse for me.

I felt a spark of anger in me "Damn it Sam, YOU are not dad. Nor are you mom, Yes she made me come here, Yes you are in charge, Yes you are the Alpha. But you have no fucking right to tell me when I need or do not need to be out, Especially when you have no fucking idea what shit has been going on in my life" I half-shouted, Everyone just stared at me. I had just risen my voice to the Alpha.

I went to turn around to leave again, But a hand grabbed my arm tightly, And spun me around. Sam looked beyond pissed, And Jacob looked like he was trying so hard not to attack Sam, Which would make this worse "Mikayla" He started in a stern voice "You do not ever talk to me like that, Ever again" He added, In a rougher voice.

I glared at him, And shook my arm roughly out of his grasp "I have no idea I  came back here" I said in a low voice taking a step back, And shook my head "Its still early, But this is already the worst birthday I have ever had"  I said quickly turning away from Sam and Jacob, And hurried back out of the house.

I kept walking until I reached the furthest end of the beach, And sat down. This is exactly why I don't celebrate my birthday, Something always seems to go wrong one way or another.  Its like I am cursed  or some crap like that.

I sighed when a hand touched my shoulder, Not surprised in the least bit "Mikayla, Are you okay? And why didn't you tell me before that it was your birthday today?" Jacob asked, His voice and touch made all the anger and pain go away, Making me sigh in result.

" I want to say no, Because I am not. But, With the imprinting its kind of hard" I said  and looked up at him "And I didn't tell you because everything goes wrong on my birthday, Last year my mom was out of the country the year before my neighbor was shot. And this year I lost Jess,  Sam looked like he was going to kill me. AND its only 10 am its only going to get worse." I said, And stood up.

Jacob wrapped his arms around me,  As if he was afraid I was going to leave "I want to make this birthday different" He said, I looked up at him again " I want you to have a good birthday this year." He added as a smile tried to form on his face.

"How exactly to you plan on doing that?" I asked resting my head on his chest, Finally feeling at peace for once.  He is the only reason I am glad I came back, I really do truly love him. And I have a feeling, Even if I didn't phase and imprint on him. That I would love him anyway.

"I want to take you out to dinner, Just the two of us" Jacob suggested, Now it was my turn to smile "So, Where do you want to go Birthday girl?" He asked grinning ear to ear, I cringed at the word birthday girl, Why did he have to call me that?

I thought for a moment  "How about that Italian restaurant in Port Angeles? I want to pay for my part" I said, Not wanting to move even though I want to cross my arms " And before you say anything, I am going to. I hate people paying for me if you don't remember." I said quickly when I saw he went to speak.

"But.. Its your birthday, I should pay" Jacob protested, I frowned at him "I am not joking Mikayla, I want to pay" He said, But I didn't change my expression, And I took a step away from him. Only frowning deeper, and crossed my arms.

After several hours, I was in Port Angeles, I had went down early so I could get something to wear so I wouldn't have to go back to the house, And Jacob had to finish something before he came down anyway. Today has been the strangest day, I, Mikayla Uley. Bought a dress, Me, Buying a dress, Who knew?

I walked into the restaurant,  And glanced around  it was not that busy but it had a fair amount of people in it "Hello, Just one?" The host asked, Smiling at me. He looked to be in his mid twenties, Possibly early twenties. Not to sure, But he does look young.

"Actually no, Two. Here for a birthday dinner with my boyfriend." I said, Frowning to myself. He wasn't here yet, But Its a somewhat long drive, So I am not to worried about it "He should be here soon" I added looking back slightly.

"Ah, Guess that explains the dress" The host said,Grinning and gestured to my dress. I glanced down, It was just a white dress with some black leaf looking patterns. Noting special, Its not like it some amazing hundred dollar dress "Follow me" He said as he grabbed two menus.

I followed him, And sat down at the table. I pulled my phone out of my bag once he left to check the time, 6:18.  I sighed,  It is a long drive "Hello, How may I help you?" A female voice said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Actually, I am waiting for someone. Can you come back later?" I asked, Trying to keep my voice kind. Being a wolf is sure as hell more annoying than I thought It was when I first became one, I get angrier at small things  lately.

"Of course, Let me know when you are ready to order" The waitress said in a sweet voice, And walked off.   I was surprised when she did that, I expected her to be a bitch and say no that I have to order now even without Jacob being here.

I peaked at my phone again, An hour has passed and he still isn't here.  I quickly dialed his number, And pressed it to my ear. And five rings I heard a click "Hey, You have reached my voice mail, I am unable to get my phone right now, You know the number to call if its an emergency, So leave a message after th-" The phone said, I ended the call before it had time to finish. Why didn't he pick up? He always answers his cell phone..

After another two hours, He still haven't showed up. So I decided to call the house this time, And after three rings. It picked up "Hello?" A male voice said on the other line, It was Billy. Maybe he knew where Jacob was at.

"Hey Billy" I said,  I was trying not to show the hurt in my voice "Do you happen to know where Jacob is at?" I asked, Trying to keep it sounding normal. I don't want him to know that I was upset about something, He would be mad at Jacob, Not that I am not feeling mad at him right now.

"Oh, Mikayla. Its nice to hear your voice again." Billy said, Sounding surprised that it was me "And no, I do not know where Jake is right now, I thought he would of been with you. Is something wrong?" He asked, Now sounding considered.

"No, Nothing is wrong." I lied, I felt a break in my heart form "I was just wondering thats all" I added, Before pausing for a few seconds "I guess I should let you be going, And I should get going myself" I said, Trying to hold back the tears.

"Alright, And make sure to come by more often. " Billy said, I could tell he was half smiling "Take care Mikayla, Have a good night." He said, And I hung up. I set the phone down on the table, And let a stray tear fall from my eye.

"Ma'am, The restaurant is closing now. Can you please leave?" An annoyed voice asked, And I looked up nodding slightly "Don't bother paying since you didn't even buy a drink" He added still clearly annoyed, I got up and walked out of the restaurant letting the tears fall freely now.

And to think this birthday was going to be different,  And that he actually cared about me "He made it different all right, He made it the worse birthday ever." I whimpered, as a tear hit my dress. Leaving a black stain on the white spot, I was stood up on my birthday..