Part 3

We entered the compartment and sat in silence. Then the compartment foor slid open.

"Hey Ron," the twins were back.
"Listen, we're going down the middle of the train -Lee Jordan's got a giant tarantula down there."

"Right," mumbled Ron.

"Harry," said the other twin, "did we introduce ourselves? Fred and George Weasley. And this is Ron, our brother."

"And who are you?"asked the other twin looking at me.

"Oh, I'm Ruby Miller," I said.
"Well, nice meeting you. See you later than."

"Bye," we all said. The twins slid the compartment door shut behind them.

"Are you really Harry Potter?" Ron blurted out.

Harry Potter? That's who defeated Lord Voldemort?
The boy nodded.

"And do you really have the scar?" I asked before I could stop myself.

"Yeah," he said as he pulled up his fringe to reveal a lightning bolt shaped scar.

"Wicked." said Ron with his mouth half open.

We continued talking mostly about our lives. Harry told us how badly he was treated at his uncle's and that he used to sleep in a closet under the stairs. Ron told us all about his brothers and I told them how I just found out I was a witch because mum got a life in the muggle world. We got a visit from a fussy girl named Hermione Granger. And after an argument about the houses(which left Ron quite suspicious of me when I told them about my dad being in Slytherin) we had a visit from a certain pale pointed face boy.

"Is it true?" Draco said. "They're all saying there's Harry Potter in this compartment. So it's you is it?"

"Yes" said Harry.

"This is Crabbe and this is Goyle,"  Draco said pointing at the two boys standing beside him.

"And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." he said the same way he did back in Diagon Alley.
Ron snorted. Draco looked at him.

"You think my name is funny, do you? Red hair, freckles, hand me-down-robes, you must be a Weasley. My father told me all about your family. Having more children than they can afford."

He turned back to Harry.
"You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." I rolled my eyes as he held out his hand but Harry didn't take it.

"I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks."

I didn't manage to suppress a smile as I saw Draco Malfoy turn a light shade of pink. His eyes averted to me and said "What about you? You'd want to stay away from the the wrong type of people."

"You know what?" I said  "You're right. I'll make sure to keep my distance next time I see you." I said  with a smile and left him bewildered.

"You're going to be sorry," he spat and left, with Crabbe and Goyle following him.
Sometime later we changed into our robes and finally the train began to slow down.