Chapter 2

When Harry awoke the next morning, he found himself in familiar surroundings. He was back home, back in his four poster bed in the Gryffindor boys' dormitories. The place felt welcoming as usual, but instead of waking up at dawn and seeing the first rays of sunshine bursting from the clouds, the dorm was bright. Realising that it was already afternoon, Harry threw the covers off him and sat up in bed. Drawing the curtains open, he looked around to see that the other three beds had also been slept in. As he sat up he also realised that he was feeling no pain. Yes, he was aching all over, but as he looked over his body, he saw that most of his wounds had been healed, and all that was left was a lot of ugly scars, serving as a reminder of the battle he had been involved in. The worst on was on his chest, where he had been hit with the killing curse. All that remained now was another lightning shaped scar, showing that he had once again somehow miraculously escaped death. 

"At least this one I can hide,", thought Harry as he tried to recollect how he came to be in his present situation. The last thing he remembered was hugging Ginny after she had told him that she loved him. How wonderful he had felt upon hearing those words from her mouth. I must have passed out he thought as he stood up to go and have a long bath. Walking into the shower, he turned on the hot water and let it wash away all the grime and blood that had collected on his badly scarred body over the past few months. Feeling the ache in his body slowly ebb away, he closed his eyes and tried to relax.

When Ginny returned from breakfast to find that Harry was not in his bed, she immediately began to imagine all sorts of horrible things and images of Harry's dead body began to rush through her mind. However, she visibly relaxed when she heard the shower running and realised that he must have finally awoken and had gone to bathe. Ginny, Ron and Hermione had awoken a few hours earlier and after long showers had gone down to the Great Hall for lunch, having missed breakfast. The three of them were bombarded with questions about Harry, not only from the students, but from the Weasley family as well. However upon hearing from Ron and Hermione that not even they knew the full story, the whole family had decided to wait for Harry to tell them. But everyone was getting impatient and a little worried, so Ginny had gone up to the dormitories to check on Harry. Realising that there was no cause for concern, she picked up the fresh robes Kreacher had left on Harry's table and walked towards the showers.

Unbeknownst to Harry, when he had tried to relax, he had once again fallen asleep under the warm caress of the running hot water when the sound of approaching footsteps had awoken him due to the advanced sixth sense he had developed over the years of fighting Death Eaters. Harry, realising someone was approaching, immediately reached for his wand before realising that the possibility of him being attacked in the shower, especially after Voldemort's defeat, were virtually non-existent. So instead, he called out, "Who's there?"

"It's me" replied Ginny. "I'm leaving your robes by the door. I'll be in the dorm where you're done, okay?".

"Thanks Ginny" replied Harry, feeling relieved and happy to hear her voice. Flicking his wand to turn off the shower, he dried himself before quickly donning the robes Ginny had left out for him, before walking out of the shower.

"You look good," said Ginny, admiring the newly washed body of her boyfriend.

"Thanks. I feel good." replied Harry with a slight blush on his face.

"So before we head down for lunch, there's something I need to give you. Your good morning kiss" smirked Ginny as she stepped towards Harry. Her eyes locked on Harry's and she started to move her lips against his. The warmth of his mouth sent a current running through her body. Harry threw his arms around Ginny as he took in her flowery scent.

"Oi, you two stop snogging and come down for lunch. The memorials going to begin in an hour and Harry has to be there. And please, NEVER snog around me!" shouted Ron as Harry and Ginny broke apart. Beside him was Hermione who looked flustered and awkward.