The Voice On the Ship

Scully's POV

I woke up startled. It was fairly early in the morning, and all my maties were still asleep. I decided to go visit the wise old parrot. I scribble a quick note to my maties before heading off. The reason I go to him is because I just need to be reassured that whatever happened to Izzy is probably from the heat. I mean, what are the odds that all the signs of doom and destruction appeared before her eyes on one of the hottest days here in Neverland?

I arrive to see him discussing something with Winger. I feel it rude to interrupt, but this is urgent!

"Hello maties!" I squawk before perching on one of the branches. 

"Why, ahoy there Scully!" said Winger, turning her attention to me.

"What brings you so early today my friend?" asked the wise old parrot.

"Well," I sigh. "I was hoping you could reassure me of something."

"What is it?" asked the wise old parrot

"You all know about the legend of the merseas right?"

"I don't quite recall it." said Winger, turning to the wise old parrot.

"Legend has it, that over thousands of years ago there was a ghastly monster swimming on the waves below us. This monster was unlike anything seen before. At first sight, it takes the appearance of a normal mermaid. But with a quick second look, the image falters and out comes the beast. It is said that the creature grew to be 10 feet tall, with a mermaid tail spikier than any dragon ever seen. With eyes as hollow and as dark as the depths of the ocean, and hair filled with skeletons of the ones it'd killed before. They called it, the mermonster.

"One day, our ancestors gathered together to defeat the mermonster. They had combined all their abilities and put them together. They succeeded in doing so, but not before the mermonster had planted a curse upon Neverland. Almost a thousand years later, on the very day it was defeated, a soul will be captured once more. This poor soul will be put through tasks that are unbearable to any mere mortal. They'll see and do and hear things so unbelievable.However, they won't be able to stop themselves, for their very core would've turned rotten and evil, that they'd help free the mermonster from it's trap and let it wreck havoc on Neverland once more."

"Oh my!" said Winger, shaking a bit. I don't blame her. The tale of the mermonster is a haunting and chilling one. "Is there any way to protect or save the lost soul?"

"Hmm," hummed the wise old parrot. "I think there is young one. An act of true love can free the lost soul from the mermonster's grasps."

"Oh, good!" sighed Winger, who has stopped shaking.

"However, I do wonder, why are you asking Scully?" said the wise old parrot.

I had this uneasy look on my face. I didn't want to share this much information with Winger. Not that I didn't trust her, but I didn't want to scare her, just in case I was overreacting.The wise old parrot sensed this, and sent Winger on her way. Then he turned back to me, motioning for me to speak.

"Wise old parrot, you and I both know the signs that could help tell us who the lost soul is. I'm afraid I've spotted some of these signs in my matie, Izzy."

"Oh. Go on."

"Well, she's been hearing voices calling for help, and seeing ships drowning when there are no ships around. Just yesterday she was lifted up to our watchtower by seagulls, but not regular seagulls, these seagulls had green eyes."

"Oh my! That is quite alarming."

"I came to you in hopes that maybe you'd reassure me that maybe I was just overreacting? And that maybe all of this had happened yesterday because it was so hot which probably means that Izzy was hallucinating."

"Come now Sully, you and I both know that those weren't just coincidences or images caused by the heatwave. I'm afraid great danger has awoken."

"There's one more thing, wise old parrot." he cocked his head, beckoning me to go on. "My maties, they've all had very bad dreams as well. I mean very, very bad ones. Dreams with a voice, the same voice in all of their dreams."

His eyes widen, and he looks at me as if I'd just delivered some very important news. "I'm afraid that the time of doom and destruction, is much closer than we think, Scully."

                                         --------------------------------------------------------------

I fly back to the hideout and enter as quietly as possible. My maties are all still asleep, and I'd hate to wake them up. Izzy is the chosen soul? But how so? I don't know anyone sweeter, kinder, more lovable than Izzy. It just seems so wrong. However, she can be saved. An act of true love can save our beloved Izzy from ever becoming so rotten as to open the mermonster's trap and release it to spread doom and destruction all over Neverland. I just hope the act happens sooner than later.

                                                                   Jake's POV

I hear Scully mumbling to himself as I walk down the stairs. 

"Stupid curse... why did it..... I just don't..." 

"Um, Scully?" I said, hoping I didn't shock him.

"Oh, hi Jake!"

"Are you okay Scully?"

"I'm fine, I just didn't get a goodnight's sleep, that's all."

"If you say so."

I wonder what plans the crew and I have for today. I also wonder, why did Scully just fly out of here in such a rush? Something weird is going on around here, and I don't like it.