I Don't Understand You..

Next Morning

3rd Person POV

Cookie woke up the next morning so confused and tired. She showered and went downstairs with her mom for breakfast. Her dad was out of the country for work. He's always traveling..he hardly has time to come home. "Good morning sleepy head.." she said smiling at me. "Hey mom.." she said sitting down. She ate and then she left out after doing her hair. She decided to drive today. She felt so uneasy about yesterday, it was so hard to get it out of her head. "She took a shortcut through the woods and she thankfully didn't see Terrence. She went through slowly because deer usually run out randomly. Out of nowhere a huge furry creature runs across her hood, along with another one chasing it. She screamed as 3 more came. Then a random dead animals carcass came and a creature came and took it with it's mouth. Cookie screamed in fear. "Oh my god what is happening?!" she shouted as she started her car. The creatures looked to have human body forms but they looked like wolves slightly. She just kept driving. "This town is so weird.." she said shaking her head. When she was halfway through the woods she saw some figure walking towards her car. It didn't look like those wolf looking things though. It was pale..Lucious. "Oh god.." she said sighing. He walked up to the front of her car and wiped some of the blood off of the hppd of her car and sniffed it. Cookie made a strange face as his head quickly snapped up in the direction that the wolf creatures went in. He got in cookies car and shut the door. "Drive." he told her. "Excuse me but if you needed a ride YOU could've asked!" shouted cookie. "Trust me I don't need a ride. Just drive." he said to her and she rolled her eyes and drove. "You know, I don't get you. You never smile...you're always so serious." she said. "That's nice. Speed up." he told her. cookie groaned and sped up and she flipped her hair. "Do you know what those weird things were?" cookie asked him. "Yeah. I do, but they're not your business right now." he told her. "Those...can't be creatures...can they?!" she asked. He ignored her and she flipped her hair again revealing her neck. Lucious sniffed the air and Then quickly looked at her. "What?" she asked. "Cover your neck." he told her seriously. "Will you leave my neck alone? Jesus...go bother someone else about their neck." she said rolling her eyes. "I forgot you're not aware of my...personality." he told her. "Well of course not...I just met you yesterday.." she said to him. He grunted as they pulled up the the school. They got out and walked to the building. "Well I guess this is-" she was cut off by seeing Lucious quickly walk off. "Right.." she said awkwardly and walking away...

At lunch cookie was sitting with her friends and she saw lucious sitting by himself once again. "We'll be back cooks we're going to go get our notes from ms. Quincys class so we can all finish our project tonight together.." said her friends as they got up and left. Cookie nodded and continued eating. Lucous was yet at his table alone with his head down and facing her. He wasn't looking at her this time though. Then a guy with revelry hairy arms comes up to cookies table and sits down next to her. Cookie gasped and looked at him confused. She looked at him and he looked...odd. As if he was half human and half...animal. "Hey..we've got something to show you. Follow me after school.." he said to her and she felt uneasy. Lucious head immediately snapped up and it seems as if he appeared in front of the guy as fast as lightning. He grunted and grabbed the guy by his collar picking him up. Everyone gasped including cookie as she stood up and watched them in shock. "Back off, furball. She's not going anywhere with you animals." said Lucious to the guy and cookie didn't understand what was happening not one bit. The hairy guy broke out of Lucious grip and shoved him, so hard that he went against the wall. "She belongs with us! It's in her!" shouted the hairy guy. Lucious stood up automatically and he opened his mouth but then covered it. Cookie was so confused on why he did it. "Get out of here mutt. You don't want this to get ugly." said Lucious as they stood face to face. For some reason the hairy guy started to growl at Lucious. Lucious eyes turned red. "Go ahead...let them show prettyboy, she won't want you then.." said the hairy guy. "W-what?" asked cookie. The hairy guy shoved Lucious onto the floor and bit him. Lucious grunted and flung him off. The guy landed hard and whined. Then teachers came out and separated them. The guy stood up and he looked different. His bottom and top teeth became longer and his eyes changed...his voice also got deeper. "Don't make me tell malikai (m-Ah-l-eh-kai)." said the guy. "Go tell him. Baldassare won't be to pleased either about you." said Lucious and the guy growled and ran out. Lucous stood still until he left and ran into the woods. Cookie sat there so confused and scared. Lucious walked to her and grabbed her hand. "Come on. We have to go." he said going to the school door. "What?! I don't even know what's happening! I'm not going anywhere with you! plus I can't leave school anyways!" she shouted pulling away from him. He looked at her and froze. He still looked like a serious statue. "There's a lot of things you don't know. But in order for you to stop being confused you need to.." he said trailing off. "Need to what?" asked cookie. "Nothing. Forget it." he said to her. "What's up with you? It's like you're becoming weirder everyday.." she said confused. "And you're becoming more annoying." he said and she scoffed. "At least I'm not a jerk to everyone." she said rolling her eyes and walking off. He watched her and walked away..

...

"Oh my god I can't believe that happened! Why come all the good things happen when we're gone?" asked Jamie. "I have no idea but it was so weird, with some wolf looking dude.." said cookie as the three girls worked on their project. "GIRLS! ANY OF YOU WANT SOME LEMONADE?!" shouted cookies mom and Jamie and Kimberly went down. "Cooks you don't want any?" asked Jamie. "Nah, I'm good.." said cookie as they went down. Then a new song started to play on their radio. The song was let me love you- Justin beiber. "Oh my god I love this song!" shouted taraji as she started dancing to it. She was in her room alone...or so she thought she was alone. Out side her window was someone she wouldn't expect: Lucious...sitting on a tree and watching her. He had an apple in his hand as he tossed it up and down...not letting his eyes leave her for a second.

As he watched, a squirrel ran past him and he caught it without his glare breaking from cookie

As he watched, a squirrel ran past him and he caught it without his glare breaking from cookie. It was his obligation to watch her...to watch her every move...so they can make sure that he can make the next step. Cookie was dancing so much that she wasn't paying attention and she cut her finger on a part of her project. Lucious sniffed the air and his eyes turned red as he seemed as if he tried to fight the urge for something. He sped and zoomed closer to her window and put his hand on the glass and watched her closer. He sniffed the air again and his fingernails started to get longer. He was getting a bit out of hand and he put his nails on the window and scratched it, in an attempt to get inside. cookie froze from the noise and stopped, looking at her window. But when she looked, nothing was there. Nothing but 5 scratch marks. She went to her window and opened it, but didn't see anyone. All the saw was an apple sitting on a tree branch next to her window. She looked confused and then her friends came back upstairs. "Hey cooks, we brought you a glass just in case..you ok?" asked Jamie. "Yeah...I'm fine..I think a bird or a squirrel scratched my window.." she said shrugging. They shrugged too and they continued to work on their project. Lucious stood about 3 trees.away and he sat there watching her, again.

away and he sat there watching her, again

TBC...