Chapter 5 || Being, So Difficult

Start from the beginning

Getting in between the two of us, Davis turns his to the girl and pushes me back. "Whoa. Whoa, Luca. Remember you actually do need her help. You wouldn't ask unless you did. So, maybe try working with her," he instructs, giving me a pointed look. 

"I would, but she is being, so difficult! " I remind him. I have never lost my composure in such a way. This girl knows how to say just the right things to set me off, I guess I'm not the only one that finds it amusing, for I look over an see a small smirk playing on her pouty lips. 

"I couldn't agree with you more, Princey," she scuffs behind me.

"My. God. Woman!" I groaned. "Fine. I apologize for my rudeness earlier. Now, will you help me?" I ask. I just want to be done with her for tonight. She crosses her arms, and stops for a moment, acting as though she is thinking about it for a moment. "Agh."

Then, at last, she smiles, "Yes, and I do have a plan that will make both of us happy," she begins, giving me an odd expression. What about my escape plan would bring her joy? I have a sinking feeling that whatever it is, I'm not going to like.

"Great, what's the plan?" Davis questions, obviously not sensing the same wickedness I am. 

"I'm going to give you a fever that will last two days," she smiles, brightly at her plan. If it weren't for the fact that she just said she wants to make me sick, I might have noticed the slight way her face changed with just that lift of her lips. 

"Uh, as much as I'm sure you'll enjoy making me ill for two days, the goal here, is for me to be able to clear my head not want reach for a sword to cut it off," I inform her.

"No. no. no. Listen. I'll have the cure. It will just be an herb that gives you the symptoms of a bad fever, sweating, nausea, temporary pralshis, but you will be fine." She mumbled one of the words too much for me to hear it. 

"Wait, what was that last symptom?" 

She looks up to the ceiling and huffs as though she knows I won't like it, "I said temporary paralysis."

"As in, I won't be able to move?" I can see the slight nod of her head, and immediately want to say no to the plan, but she quickly continues. 

"After someone see's your condition, I give you the cure and in less than an hour you're fine, so you can just slip out. Davis will tell people not to enter your room, for it's contagious, and in two days time you will be walking around the castle again, ready for your impending marriage," she finishes. 

Sard! That's actually a brilliant plan if it wasn't for the paralysis, but how bad can that be. She did say it would be cured in less than an hour. I can do that. It will allow me freedom. Okay. "Wait. There just one more thing. Where am I to stay those few days?"

"I don't know. I'm only supposed to help with the escape or have you already forgotten the deal, we made when my life was hanging in the balance?" She quipped, annoyance clear on her features. 

"You're right, I'll just sleep on the streets of the kingdom, and someone will notice the prince is out of the Castle, but wait? The stable girl said he had a terrible fever. She lied to the royal family about the condition of the future King?" 

By the time I'm done she is fuming again, "This is the last time I ever agree to work with royals. The lot of you are all alike. Manipulative, arrogant, spoiled prats! Fine. I know where you can stay. Once you get out of the castle," she adds. "Now, may I go, or do you have anything else I can help you with, your highness?" she mocks, but I don't pay attention to it. 

"No, that's it," I smile, knowing it will only frustrate her more. She huffs, before heading out of the throne room.

"You said you would walk her to her house," Davis reminds me.