"we've never had a conversation about school." his heavenly voice broke the brunette from his thoughts, pulling him back to the terrible place he considered his life, the only exception being the area in which he was in the red head's presence.

"there i-is a fine line bet-between school and academics, joshua." the frail boy sighed, head lifting off of the broad shoulder he found quite comfortable, glossy eyes meeting with the seas that he often found himself lost in. "i-i'm guessing you mean ac-academics, you know how school was-was for me."

with that the red head nodded hesitantly, going forth to place another gratifying kiss to the brunette's head, closing his chocolate eyes as he did so. a relaxing brush of the hand against the clothed back brought the young boy back to a state where he felt a certain belonging. "i suppose you had the highest grades across the board, right?"

"a-ab-absolutely correct. what else w-would you expect?" the boy let out an airy laugh, the angelic sound grabbing the attention of joshua who continued to hold the frail boy close to his chest, his fingers twirling through the soft strands of hair. "what ab-about you?"

"first off, i wasn't as smart as you, sweetheart." the older boy smiled, the boy in his arms letting out a scoff, bewildered by the compliment thrown his way. "i was pretty good at math, surprisingly, i enjoyed it."

"how absurd!" the brunette gasped, quickly moving from his comfortable position to completely face the red head who's eyes had widened at the sudden outburst. a smile stretched upon peach lips shortly after, paired with sun-kissed skin covering the beauteous face that was worthy of being presented upon thousands.

"it's good i'm skilled at math, goes hand in hand with work." the man joked, pulling in the brunette by placing his hand on the boy's shoulder, meeting the boy with a kiss upon the forehead.

"w-what, trig-trigonometry and p-pythagoras theorem?" the brunette howled, his head thrown back as he continued to laugh, memories of stressful morning filled with coffee and scratches of the head with fingernails that had been continuously chewed on due to the rigorous equations that popped up on his papers.

"not quite, bub." the older boy ran his fingers through the brown locks that had managed to drape over the boy's face due to the wind that continued to hit their warm faces. tyler simply cocked his head, brow raised in interest, for he had no specific idea of what job joshua had gotten himself into.

"what d-do you actually do?" the boy questioned, blushing slightly as the sweet fingertips of his love continued to trace his jaw, eyes locked, stripping each other of their innocence that was yet to be taken.

"it's basically an organisation founded by my father, who made it his duty to rid the world of bad. but in turn, fighting off bad, with bad." joshua shrugged, eyes dropping to the ground as he wondered whether it was worth the countless lives taken and deals made throughout his teen years. the brunette found his way into the red head's lap, face buried in the neck that presented a sweet, soothing smell to the nose. "your shop?"

"l-late father founded it-it ten years ago, an-another job to gain money. it-it then become my place, m-my escape from reality. but sadly, reality f-found a way to catch back up with me." the boy sniffed, the cool temperature making his nose run, something he was unfamiliar to. "i-i've had some great times in t-t-there. once, i-i met a boy who had a p-pretty bad illness, but oh-joshua, he-he was the most beautiful child i've ever seen."