2

I was pretty scared when I saw Hunter approaching me. He threw his bag on the floor and slumped himself in the chair beside me. "This project is due in exactly 3 days" Mrs Smith told us. Hunter then turned to me, "soo you're gonna do all the work, and I'll just be there?" "Okay." I mumbled. I wasn't going to say no to Hunter for a second..
"Come to my house straight after school" Hunter said. "I-I was supposed to be going to the mall with Kelly and Leah" I said, quietly. "What was that?" He said, sternly. "Nothing." I mumbled. For the last 10 minutes of the lesson I was silent and Hunter was on his phone. We weren't supposed to be on our phones, we weren't even allowed our phones out, but, I think even Mrs Smith was scared of Hunter, so she wouldn't dare pipe up and tell him what he was doing, was wrong. The bell finally rang and I was so relieved. I grabbed my bag and speed walked out of the class. My next class was with Leah- Kelly took PE, and me and Leah took art, so I had some time to talk to her. Hunter obviously took PE, so, I was glad he wasn't in my class. "Leah, I can't come to the mall after school" I told her. "Why girl?" She said, sorta upset. "I'm going to Hunter's to-" She interrupted me, "Wait, you're blowing off your two best friends for your bully?" "No omg it's nothing like that!" I quickly responded. "It's for homework". "Oh" she laughed, "well I hope you have fun". "If I have even a little bit of fun out of this I'll be surprised" I said. We both laughed. Before we knew it, the bell had rang and it was the end of the day. "Have fun at the mall you guys" I shouted to Kelly and Leah. "Have fun with Hunter" they teased. I went to my locker and grabbed my bag until I felt somebody coming up behind me. I turned around and saw Blake. "Oh hey Blake" I said, throwing my bag over my shoulder. "Hey y/n, I was wondering if you wanted to do something with me tomorrow?" He said, nervously scratching the back of his neck. "Aw, sure" I giggled. He suddenly became less nervous, "Great!" He said excitedly. "I'll pick you up at 7:30pm. He then winked and I felt my cheeks go so hot.

I walked out of school to see my mom waiting for me. I opened the car door and sat. She just stared at me for a minute. "Why are you smiling so much?" She asked me. "I am?" I said, still smiling. I quickly changed the smile to a frown. " I mean, I am?". "Yes, you are" she laughed. She then started driving and we were eventually home. I quickly got out of the car and ran up to my room. I wiped off my concealer and mascara and redid it. I mean, I wasn't trying to impress Hunter in the slightest, I just felt like I needed to freshen up. My phone then dinged. It was a text from Hunter, I forgot he had my number.
Hunter: Come over in 5.
I just read it and changed into a crop top and some sweatpants. It was only homework so there was no point dressing up. Oh, yeah, i forgot to mention, Hunter's my neighbour. We used to be pretty close when we were little, but then he got popular and let popularity get to his head. Now, the only time he speaks to me is when he's calling me rude names or making fun of me. I grabbed my bag and shouted to my mom that I was leaving. "Okay sweetie, be back for dinner!". I walked out of the door and up Hunter's driveway. I felt sort of nervous. I hesitated before knocking on the door. Hunter opened the door, and he usually never even looks at me, but he was full on staring. "Can I come in?" I said. "Oh, um, yeah." He said, his cheeks going red. Hmh. That was weird.

Hunter's POV
Y/n arrived and I usually don't pay any attention to her, but today she actually looked sorta hot? Why didnt she dress like this at school? I didnt realise I was staring at her until she said "Can I come in?" I felt sortya embarrased and just said, "Oh, um, yeah." She came in and closed the door behind her and I told her to go upstairs. She started walking up the stairs and I felt my face still red hot as I looked at her. I ran into the kitchen and got a glass of water and quickly drank it. I then went upstairs and saw she was talking to Brandon. Brandon is my younger brother, he's a lot less popular than I am. "Brando, get out." I said, sternly. "I was just talking to y/n" he replied, "she's so nice." Brandon then walked out and shouted bye to y/n and she said it back and smiled at him. I didn't know what to think of y/n anymore, I saw her differently. A good different.. I didn't want her to think I was paying any attention to her tho, so I distracted myself as much as I could.

Y/n's POV
I was kneeling on Hunter's carpet and he went over to sit on his bed. He lay down and went on his phone. He was acting so strangely but I just shrugged it off. I got out my textbooks and notepad and begin the homework. I didn't like science, but I was pretty good at it. I begin writing away and looked up at Hunter, he was already looking at me, but when I looked at him, he said "What are you looking at, you creep?" I just shrugged it off, I was used to what he said anyways. I got back to work and eventually I was finished. I got up and went for the door. "What are you doing?" Hunter asked me. "I'm leaving..?" I replied. "Oh. Okay" he said, jumping up. He walked me downstairs and I left. That was a pretty strange hour..

Hunter's POV
Y/n left and I ran back up to my room, closed the door and slid down it. Ugh, I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have called her a creep.. I started to feel bad about my actions..