Chapter 2 ~The Earth King~

My hair stood on end in different directions. I pretended that I didn't see him but decided not to do what I did in my dream and run away. After a half hour of pretending this guy was invisible. I walked away from the crowd and sure enough the man followed. I had finally had enough and said in a commanding and bossy voice "Who the hell are you and why do you keep following me?" He didn't even seem to be surprised when I yelled at him. He simply said coolly "I was told by Mephisto to ensure your safety to True Cross Academy." I was quite surprised that no one else could see him and that was my second question. He again in a cool tone said "I am a demon and only you and a select few can see demons." I was quite surprised when he called himself a demon. Then I asked him his name as if it was completely normal to see and talk to demons. He responded with " No only those who have received a bite from a demon." So I told him who I was and asked him if he would be ok with me pretending that he wasn't there so I would look like a crazy person on the flight. He seemed pretty ok with it, but I found it uncommon for demons to listen to humans. Throughout the flight he was muttering something about Gehhena and Assiah whatever that meant. As soon as we arrived Amaimon was my guide and we checked around town for a map.After I looked around we found a cab who would take us to True Cross Academy but the driver dumped us off at a monastery instead and I asked him if this was really True Cross but the cab had already disappeared and so did Amaimon. I muttered under my breath about how I was never gonna get to the Academy and that I was destined to be dead. Then I remembered that I forgot to call my mom about how I was doing. I pull out my phone to tell her what has happened so far and she seemed really happy that I made it to Japan safely and that I had made a 'friend' along the way but I didn't tell her that my friend was a demon or else she probably think that I was crazy.A few minutes later I decide to sit and wait to see if the cab realized I see that he messed up and just as i though about it, a cab appeared and I was prepared to give him my piece of mind. I got in a let him know that I was not paying cause he screwed up big time. The driver turned around and ended up being Amaimon and I apologized 30 different times letting him know I was deeply embarrassed for what I said. He finally accepted probably tired from my apologies. He ended up getting me food on his way here. Turned out he possessed the driver and made him come back. I was so grateful that he was a demon. As soon as he dropped me off, I gave him huge bag of candy from the airport kiosk for everything he did. He seemed to love the lollipops. I hoped that all demons were as friendly as he. Another thing started to bother me, these little black puff balls were flying around. All the other student and teachers didn't see them.I decided that they were probably just like dust particles except the had eyes and a tail. The whole day ended up going well. The students and teachers were friendly but the cafeteria cost every penny in my savings for food which is why I'm glad I brought a lunch. My mom ended up packing me chicken curry, sushi and a home made piece of strawberry shortcake biscuit. I was thankful that she thought ahead seeing how much it cost to get into the damn place. Surprisingly my entrance fee was free, I guess maybe it came with the ticket. At the end of the day I asked where the director was. Luckily I had found one of my teachers about to leave he said to me"What a coincidence turns out the director wanted to see you instead" I was quite surprised, but I went knowing either way my questions were going to be answered. The directors room looked like a unicorn ate all of the of the plushes at Toys R Us and vomited all over the room. After a while of staring at the childish room I saw Amaimon standing next to a man sitting at the desk wearing all pink and purple hair whom I guessed was L.Faust. The man introduced himself as Mephisto and had used the name Faust as a cover up. Then after chatting he explained that I would have other classmates in the exorcist cram school which was a relief. I thought that I would have to be alone and do whatever exorcist training I had to do alone.
After Mephisto and I had chatted, he explained that he Amaimon and he were brothers which didn't surprise considering their childish obsession with plushes and candy 24/7. Mephisto showed me where I was going to stay and handed me a decently sized case with 30 different locks. He informed that I would have to use my abilities to figure out out how to open it and when I did I would learn calmness and patience. Apparently the cram school had ended already so I headed to my dorm and whole entire building looked like the place where you see the Ghostbusters film their movies. As soon as I reached my room I locked the door making sure that no one would accidentally walk into the wrong room. Later that night I heard voices around the dorm and I decided to explore because waiting to fall asleep is honestly really boring. I found the bathroom/lockers and there was one for boys and girls when I was walking around which meant there were other people besides me. I also found the kitchen and several other odd rooms. All the other students had their own rooms, as did I. I also found extra rooms where others would be staying if there were a lot of people. My room compared to the others was like a hotel ( not to brag ). My bed was queen sized and had my luggage already there and my own closet. Also there was a desk and and a computer with different file compartments. Everything in my room was custom to make me feel at home.When I went back to my room after exploring, I attempted one of the 30 locks on the case. I looked at the clock near my bed and it read 12:39. I was quite proud of myself for finishing all the locks. Mephisto was right, it took a lot of patience to figure out but it was worth it. Inside the case was a diamond cube, a book, a pair of wireless headphones with a microphone and apparently my combat suit for missions. I got 36 pages into the book which ended being studies and experiments about the "abilities" that I supposedly owned. Reading books was one of the many ways to help me relax and fall asleep. Before I went to bed, I wondered what would happen tomorrow.