"Okay." I smile.

"So here. Take a look at your contract." Harry says sliding the contract towards me.

"Wait I'm getting promoted?" I ask.

"Yeah. I told before that if you continue to work here after a year, you will get promoted. Unless I fire you. So if you sign this you'll officially become the vice president or as we say in Britain the Deputy Managing Director. You're salary will be increase by 47%, the company will get you a brand new car as promised and a house only if you're interested. You can cash in the house whenever you want. Now or after retirement. It'll be there forever well unless Styles' Establishment shuts down, which is never happening." Harry says.

Harry chuckles,"Why do you look so shocked? Did you think you were going to be my assistant for the rest of your life?"

"No. I mean. Wow. Did not see this coming. I honestly forgot about all of this." I chuckle nervously.

Harry smiles,"You're ready to sign it then?"

"Wait. So what are the things I'm going to be responsible for now?" I ask.

"Well since I'm the president you'll still basically do the job of my assistant but you'll have more say in the decision making and controlling the overall management. You have to be in charge and see if everyone's doing what they're supposed, if I'm not around you will be in charge of the financial records, the firing and hiring and all that stuff. You'll also be in charge of the meetings and the hiring is also your permanent job. Not the firing but the hiring. So you ready to sign?" Harry asks handing me a pen.

"Yeah okay. I'm in." I say and go through the contract quickly and sign where I need to. Once I'm done Harry puts away the contract and gets up as do I. He extends his hand for me to shake,"Welcome Aboard Vice President." He says.

"Why thank you Mr Styles." I smile.

"Fun fact, you're actually the first ever vice president at the headquarters of Styles' Establishment." Harry says.

"Really? How come?" I ask.

"Well I've never had a stable assistant for an entire year. I usually fire them after a month or two. You're the first to last a year." Harry says.

"I wonder why." I smirk.

"Well I should get back to my job now. I'm more important now!" I exclaim.

Harry chuckles,"Go ahead. See you at lunch babe."

"Chao." I say and head out of his office and into my own.

.....

The photocopy machine on our floor still isn't working so I have to go all the way downstairs. I need to get that fixed, it's such a hassle going up and down. The elevator stopped at the fortieth floor. Two women and a man stepped inside. Their faces turned straight from happy to judgmental as soon as they saw me. Oh God. I could feel their glares burning through my spine. One of them spoke up behind me, rather loudly she said,"I bet if I slept with the boss, I would be promoted to vice president of the company." 

"Apparently she deserves it and was promised this promotion on the contract. As if the company keeps all the promises they made. They hadn't for me but then again I don't sleep with the boss so there were no special treatments for me." The other female says and then both chuckle. 

"Only if I was a girl, I wouldn't have to work all these long hours and put in my full effort to get a promotion, which  I still don't get. Does anyone know if Mr Styles is into to men? I could really use a good promotion" The man adds and the ladies start chuckling even loudly.