1. Ollie

The first time I had realized I was in love with my best friend was in sixth grade. It was during his birthday party and I was the last person there at his house. The kids from his church had left much earlier claiming that their parents had to pick them up early for something important, which was total bull and it was uncalled for. Just because the kid has autism doesn't give them the right to lie to his face. He isn't stupid.

That didn't matter though, they didn't matter, he mattered. Dallon had urged me, practically forced me to play knights and prince with him. It would sound weird to somebody else but not to me, or him. That was the thing, that didn't make it as weird, he was gay, really gay. People at the church did not like that one bit, saying that he's too young, it's his liberal and slut of a mother that made him that way, he's autistic, they're all crazy. The only reason everyone knew he was gay was because he called Terry Anderson, the hottest kid in all of eighth grade, pretty and cute. Those two words, pretty and cute weren't allowed to be used by a boy to another boy. It's ludicrous if you ask me.

Dallon decided that I was qualified as the knight, even claiming that I was cuter than Terry Anderson, and there was no way I couldn't deny him. Even if he didn't call me cute, I would have said yes either way. Now the game was quite simple, save the prince from the evil Bowser, the rules were vague and I just thought I had to chase Dallon around and somewhat save him from this non-existent Bowser. I was proven wrong when he told me to stop chasing him and actually listen to what he had to say.

"You have to beat Bowser first! And then you have to get the prince from the top of the attic!" Dallon says between breaths, he had been laughing from me tickling him.

"And who's going to be the Bowser, smart one?" I ask with a smirk, crossing my arms over my chest, staring down at him.

"The CPU on the GameCube, Bren-dumb!"

"So wait, you want me to beat Bowser on Super Mario and then go upstairs and save you? Gee, I don't know Dally, that takes a lot of effort, I don't think I can do that." Dallon's face immediately falls after I say that, and I regret the words that came out of my mouth.

"Hey, I'm sorry, Dallon, I didn't mean that. Please don't cry-"

By this time, he was already sobbing, and I knew I couldn't joke around with him like this often because of how quickly his moods changed.

"I promise I will play with you, Dally- I promise."

Dallon sniffles and lifts his head to meet my eyes. "You promise, Brenny?"

I nod and put my hand on his shoulder, he shrinks from it, and I flinch, but I just smile. "I promise, Dally, wouldn't lie to you for a second."

He smiles and gets on the top of his toes and smiles, his sad mood deteriorating in seconds, then I am surprised when he pecks my cheek. This was something so uncommon for him to do but I decided not to say anything. I smile and Dallon giggles, my heart melting at the sound.

God, am I in love with him.