I finished everything I needed to do and Jon was ready to go so Jon and I started for the car. We were just passing the Pens locker room when the door opened revealing Crosby and Kunitz.

Hey Sophie, happy birthday, they both said.

Thank you Sidney and Chris, I replied before Jon and I started for the car again.

We got to the car and drove home where Jon and I both got dressed for bed super tired from our long day. I crawled into bed next to Jon and snuggled up to his chest.

Hey babe, he whispered in my ear.

Yes Jon? I asked him.

Would you like to go on a late birthday dinner with me tomorrow?

I would love to, I replied back to him.

Great, be ready by 6 and dress fancy.

We both fell asleep rather quickly tonight and slept soundly through the night.

I woke up at 7 this morning and got in the shower. After my shower I just let my hair be, did my make up, and got dressed in leggings, a long sleeve t shirt, and black boots. I woke Jon up so he could shower and made a breakfast of toast and protein shakes since I felt very lazy today.

Jon got out of the shower and we ate our breakfast before I drove to the ice house for practice.

Practice went by quickly and Jon and I were back at our house lounging around when I got a group message chat from my friends in Wichita.

Hey Avery and Sophie us girls wanting to hang out so we decided to go up to Chicago this weekend, you guys should definitely join - Jessi

Sounds great, I'll be there- Avery

I'll be there too, text us the details of everything- Sophie

Who are you talking to babe? Jon asked me.

My friends from Wichita are coming into town this weekend, I told him.

Oh that's awesome, do I get to meet them?

Maybe, depends on what we decide to do.

Our flight is supposed to land at 12:55 on Friday and we haven't really decided on what we're doing or where we're staying- Kay

I might have a place you guys can crash for the weekend, I said.

Hey babe, I said to Jon.

Yes?

Can my friends stay here while they're in town? I asked.

Of course they can, he said.

Thanks babe, I said and leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

I think you missed babe, he said.

I leaned back towards him and gave him a kiss on the lips.

Jon said you guys could stay at my place- Sophie

So we'll finally be able to meet your boyfriend?- Mikayla