| teaser

ZERO

ZERO.
INTO THE FIRE.

THE LIGHTS shined a harsh white, illuminating the hangar below. A proud row of X-Wings stood lined up in a far corner, all damaged and beaten in different ways, some stained with ugly charred marks, others with dents the size of a fist. With a disgruntled sigh, hands tightened into fists of her own, she breezed passed the line of ships, only stopping when her eyes caught onto Bainite, who held thick black pen in his hand, which he'd most likely stolen from Engineering, and was using it to carefully etch the image of a rather powerful Sith Lord, but with breasts.

Wila slowed, brows furrowing in the utmost confusion, as well as slight amusement, observing as Evas'dra raised his head, his hand rested on Bainite's shoulder, snorting in surprise as he noticed Wila watching. "Bainite," Wila began, frowning, "What the hell are you doing?"

Bainite turned, standing up in surprise, and sending her a bright grin, nearing towards a smirk. "Well, boss, I thought that if any of those Imperial bastards looked out of their windows and saw good ol' Vader with a pair of tits, they'd be immediately discouraged, and even slightly weirded out," He explained with a gentle shrug, as Evas'dra attempted to hide his snickers with his hand.

Sorenn appeared from behind the X-Wing, wiping her hands on a spare rag to rid them of the grease stains, some of which had found their way to her face. "Nice try, Bainite," She started, leaning forwards before swiping the rag over the drawing, immediately wiping it off, "But that's not a marker."

"Hey!" Bainite exclaimed immediately, eyes widened in disbelief, "That took me ten minutes! And- You got grease on my ride!"

Sorenn rolled her eyes, making eye contact with Wila, and smirking at her. "With a head as big as his, you'd think at least some if it were brains," She murmured in amusement, raising her eyebrows as Bainite stroppily hurled the pen at a still-laughing Evas'dra.

Evas'dra shoved Bainite quickly, jogging away immediately to hide behind Wila. "The rules of every day people like you and I don't apply to such idiots," He snickered, hands resting on Wila's shoulders as he ducked behind her.

Bainite gaped. "Riyan!"

"Face it, Bainite," Sorenn interrupted again, a wide smile on her grease-stained face, "At this point, your head is so big you won't even be able to fit in the cockpit."

Boneta peeked his head over the top of his ship, his helmet placed messily over his curls as he leaned against the side of the glass from his own cockpit. "It's all that chocolate milk," He interjected with a childish grin.

"Fuck off, Sorenn!" Bainite snapped, cheeks a little red from half the squad ganging up on him, "You're one to talk about cockpits!"

Rikards appeared behind Wila just in time, a ham and lettuce sandwich hanging from his lips, which he removed as soon as he slung his arm around Evas'dra's shoulders, pressing a swift kiss to his cheek. "Yeah," He started, silently volunteering to be Evas'dra's protector, instead of Wila, "She can't seem to get out of Boneta's."