“My I have yet to lay eyes on a trio of ladies more beautiful then you.” Anthony flattered as he leaned into a deep bow. “Would you not agree Nicholas?”

“Nay, I have seen none more beautiful.” Nicholas answered trying not to make direct eye contact with any of the women.

It wasn't exactly considered proper for a gentleman to be so forthright when conversing with women one had just met, but Anthony wasn't exactly the “by the book” type.

Anthony’s eyes never left Camilla when he spoke. “Lady Wellington,that is a stunning gown you are adorned in this evening.”

A slight blush tinged Camilla’s cheeks. “Thank you My Lord. I agree, it is an attractive gown, think it suits me nicely as well,” she responded confidently

Observing the interested exchanges amongst the four, the Countess began to plot.

“Have these courteous gentlemen requested a space on your dance cards?” The Countess prompted.

Remembering her promise to Camilla’s mother Elizabeth didn’t look for an excuse to deny dancing.

Taking the bait, Anthony responded, “That sounds like a lovely idea, Lady Camilla, may I have the honor of this dance?” Anthony offered.

Trying with difficulty to contain her enthusiasm, that a man as handsome as the gold Adonis before her was escorting her out on to the dance floor, Camilla gladly walked away with him.

Nicholas on the other hand wasn’t too pleased to be put on the spot. Knowing this girl’s mother, in her mind he would no doubt be betrothed to Lady Elizabeth by morning. Reluctant to hurt Elizabeth’s feelings, he offered her his hand.

Once on the dance floor Nicholas guided Elizabeth to the rhythm of the song. He spoke conversationally to his dance partner, “Your mother is very… bold if you do not mind me saying so.”

“She can be a bit over bearing at times, but I have found that if I agree to her once in a while it keeps the peace,” Elizabeth responded with a hint of laughter to in her voice. She heard the song that was playing and it was as if her dream came rushing back to her. Only this time all the blanks were filled in.

This is the song that was playing in my dream! I was wearing this same dress and… Elizabeth gasped to herself he was who I was dancing with! How can this be? How it is my dream has become a reality?

Replaying her dream in her mind, Elizabeth didn’t hear what Nicholas was saying. Noticing this Nicholas added sardonically.

“And that’s how I came to try on my first pair of heels…”

“What?? You wear heels??” She responded in shock.

“No, I simply said that because you were not listening to a word I was saying.Is it not typical of a lady like yourself who takes her beauty for granted?” Nicholas said not caring if he offended her.

“I beg your pardon sir! Who are you to judge me when you know nothing about me?” Elizabeth said trying not to let the rage inside her raise her voice.

“Oh I know plenty about you already. You deem it beneath your dignity to engage in conversations with people you presume inferior to your self elevated social status.”

Elizabeth gasped, but he continued his assassination nevertheless. “You also fail to make apologies for your apparent lack of good manners.

“My lack of manners? I have done nothing of the sort to you!”

“On the contrary Lizzy Lu.” Why did I just call her that? “This morning on Bond Street you did just that. When you so carelessly knocked right into my shoulder and not so much as turned around” he accused. “You simply continued on your way as if it wasn’t your fault and people should move out of your way.” Nicholas threw in her face.