"Here," the boy said, coming down the stairs. His red hair was sleeked back, just like any personal of the Nazi Party needed to have. 

   "Take them upstairs," Thomas said, taking a step to the side. Three small children stood behind him, all cuddling together in fright. The tallest, who looked no older than ten, stood in the centre. "Let them take a warm bath."

   Gianni stopped in front of the children and gave them a wide grin. "Halo," he said in a friendly manner, putting out his hand to the children. "Nazywam się Jaime. Co twoje?" 

   "Halo," the tallest child said with a trembling tone. "Mam na inię Ania."

   "Ania," Eleanor said with a small smile, leaning besides Gianni. "Jestem Eleanor. Jaime weźmie cię na górę do łazienki, dobrze?" The little girl nodded, pulled the two other children besides her, and followed Gianni up the stairs. After the four disappeared up the stairs, Eleanor quickly turned to Thomas. "What's wrong? You look worried."

   "Heinrich Kaltenbrunner invited himself over for supper," he said with a worried tone. He took off his hat and laid it on the table by the door, shaking his head. "He's bringing along a few other commanding officers, saying that he wanted to meet my wife and children."

   "Then we'll have them over," Eleanor nodded, crossing her arms and watching him pace back and forth. "We'll keep the children upstairs until they're gone, lock them in one of the rooms, if we have to. We can tell them that they were being disobedient and you sent them upstairs without supper."

   "What if they want a tour of the house?"

   "We'll give it to them," she said, walking over to him with a smile. "We can give the children food now, have them in bed by the time they come. They have been through so much, Thomas, they might either sleep through the night or be too frightened to even move. If Heinrich or anyone else thinks otherwise, we'll compel them."

   Thomas stared down at her for several seconds, sighed and nodded. "Yes, you're correct," he hummed, a smile appearing around his lips. "I don't know what I would do without you."

   "Probably be dead," she joked, helping him take off the jacket of his uniform. She folded the jacket over his arm and gave him a warm smile. Slowly, she walked over to him and laid a hand on his chest, almost as if she was smoothing over his shirt. "No, Thomas, you'd be doing what you're doing now. You'd be saving these children from the horrible things they've been through. How many children have you saved? We have lived here since that camp opened, and so far it has been hundreds. Thomas, you're saving people, and if I weren't here you'd still be saving people."

   Thomas grabbed her hand on his chest and smiled at her, warmly. "Is this how you make heart skip beats?" he asked. "With gentle words of care and love?"

   "Not even being in the military takes the writer out of you," Eleanor chuckled, taking a step back. "Go take a shower, I'll prepare supper."

   He grabbed her hand before she could leave, twirling her back to him. "Come shower with me," he said, a small smirk forming around his lips. "It's cold and wet out there, but I can make it warm."

   "Go shower," she said, letting out a chuckle. "Don't you want to look presentable?"

   "Don't you?" he asked, raising a brow. He leaned down and pecked her lips, quickly and gently. "Come on, Eleanor, shower with me."

   "I would," she said, pushing herself against him on the stairs, "but we have company, Gianni is here, and we have guests coming in a few hours." She pecked his lips then pushed away from him, waling down the few steps while smirking as she heard Thomas groan behind her.