Author's note

FIRST THINGS FIRST

When Kevin remained in Raymond's embrace after their short but fiery kiss, he looked at nowhere in particular. As if it was all a part of a show, Kevin smiled and winked at an invisible camera, for he knew that his secret was still safe with him.

The above line was originally intended to end the epilogue but it felt out of place so ultimately it was cut from the epilogue and that's why you receive a syrupy sweet ending instead. What do you think of the epilogue? Will it make any difference if the above line was added into the final product?

INSPIRATION

So, what inspired me to create these two main characters who are polar opposites of each other? What inspired the decisions and dialogues of the supporting characters? In short, what inspired me to write One Night Only?

Well, the idea first came to me in a dream somewhere around 2014. In my dream, there were two men in a car, one was bleeding profusely while the other looked on with concern in his face. This scene will later be fleshed out in Chapter 7. When I woke up from the dream, I was intrigued. I wanted to explore what was the possibility of the man bleeding. Was it an accident? Did he get into a fight? What about something supernatural? Maybe he was cursed? That was how I came to conceive the outline of the story. 

There are a lot of differences between the original idea I conceived and the actual final outcome. Initially, Mikayla was supposed to be a morally neutral witch who happened to be Harvey's sister. She placed the curse on Raymond because of what he did to Harvey. Harvey would play a more antagonistic role had this happened. Ultimately it was not going the way I want it to be and I had to scrap that idea and start all over. This time, Mikayla took on the role of an evil, psychotic, power hungry witch while Harvey's involvement in the main story got pushed back towards the end of the book. 

Vanamali the psychic is based on an actual psychic I came across on the psychic site, Oranum. You guys should check it out and check HIM out. LOL. He's really good looking but that's beside the point. I have been to one of his demo reading session before and it was quite accurate what he had to say to me. However, he did not use any tarot cards for the demo session. The tarot card readings and meanings that occur in this book are based on another site that I used to frequent a lot known as Lotus Tarot. TL;DR this site is lit! I can't tell you how many times I've had something predicted just the way the cards said it will! Talking about that, I will have to go on that site after this...

The last few chapters are inspired by my Australian bitch and you guessed it correctly, she's Anisa! While it has always been part of the plan to have Kevin leave Cali for Aussie, the person who approached Kevin while he was in the hospital was originally unnamed and was set to appear in Chapter 18 only. But there was a last minute change where Harvey was ascended to third lead, making him the narrator of Chapter 18 instead of Kevin. With this change, Anisa had an extended cameo in not just one, but two chapters. Jaisun was also a last minute addition and it was inspired by a video that my good Australian bitch Anisa sent to me where Jaisun was a 'fucking useless cunt' as described by his girlfriend. I decided to make Anisa both the Australian rep as well as the abusive girlfriend. 

SPECIAL THANKS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

I would like to thank my fellow readers who stuck with me till the very end on this crazy journey. I know I'm super duper late in updating at times and there was even a time where writer's block hit me hard on the head and I questioned the fate of this story. Should I continue or abandon it? But I was not raised a quitter and I will not start on something that I cannot or will not finish later. This is why this story is finally done! It's always bittersweet that something has ended but it only means that something greater is coming. 

Thank you for all the votes and comments even though majority of it was asking me to please update which offered nothing constructive but gets my ass off procrastination and start working :P There were some comments that leaves me baffled and scratching my head because I just don't know what you're talking about but I thought that maybe English is not your first language and that's why you can't really express yourselves and I also believe in free speech so have it your way. As long as you enjoyed the story, I'm happy as the author. 

Special thanks goes out to Erica, Anisa, MLioncourt and Mirley. You guys are the real star of this book! And the reason I kept going. 

FINAL WORDS

This is it! I can't believe this journey has finally come to an end! I appreciate all the love and support that I've received during the run of this story. I'm happy and touched that this story struck a chord with all my readers who loved it. Or hated it. LOL. This may not be my best work but I'm proud of it, prouder than any other works of mine.

I love you all so much! And it's not for One Night Only ;)

XOXO,
OneLittleWeirdo

**********

UPDATE JULY 23, 2017: This story is now only available to followers. I decided to do this for quality control especially in the comments. If you are new to this and you are interested to read this story, then please follow and you'll be able to read it. Thank you! :)