Chapter 1

“Payton Thomas get out of bed now!” I screamed, standing at my little brothers door for the third time this morning.

“Ugh five more minutes.” He mumbled rolling over

“If you don’t get up now you won’t be doing anything for the next week.”

“Fine! God you are such a butthole.” He finally sat up and threw his covers off of him.

I turned and walked into the kitchen of our apartment. It’s a big apartment building so the apartments are all pretty big. We only have three bed rooms. One for my parents, one for me, and one for my little brother Payton. Our parents are gone a lot, which is one of the reasons why we live in a apartment. The other is because our aunt and uncle own the place so they can keep a eye on us.

Today is a normal school morning. I get up, get dressed, then get Payton up three times, threaten him with not being about to do anything for a week, he gets up, then I cook breakfast, then off to school. I pulled out the carton of eggs and a pan then walked over to the stove.

“Hey kinley, did you see the new people that moved in a couple of floors above us?” Payton asked walking into the kitchen, still half asleep but now he has a pair of jeans and a t-shirt on.

“No, unlike you I don’t spend my time walking around the apartment building.” I replied earning a mean look.

“Well I don’t like them. They are creepy and weird.”

“Pay you don’t even know them, how can you already not like them?”

“Did you not hear me? They are creepy and weird.” He said giving me a duh look and taking half the eggs that I cooked then went and sat at the bar.

“You should never judge a book by its cover Pay. They might turn out to be so great people.” I filled up a cup with orange juice and picked up my plate making my way over to the bar.

“Well I know these people aren’t going to be great. I just know.” He answered looking at me as I struggled to hold everything and pull the chair out.

“I could use a little help here.” I said angrily

“I can tell.” He answered smirking

“Your such a brat.”

“You should hurry and eat , we needa be at school soon.”

“Wonderful. Go ahead and go down stairs. Tell Cameron and Josh I’ll be right down.” I told Payton while stuffing my mouth.

After I ate I went to my room and grabbed my bag and keys. I locked the door on the way out and walked down the stairs to the bottom floor where Payton, Cameron,  and Josh were waiting for me.

“Hey Kinley!” My boyfriend Josh said running to pick me up into a huge hug

“Hey Josh” I said hugging him back laughing

“Come on guys we need to go!” Cameron, my lovely cousin, yelled at us while him and Payton were running out the door.

Since we lived right down the road from the school, there was no use in wasting gas to drive so we all just walked every day.  When we got to school Payton went to his side of the school where the 9th and 10th graders were since hes in 9th grade, and me josh and Cameron went to were the 11th and 12th graders are since we are all in 11th grade.

School went by pretty fast, it usually does. We tend to have a lot of fun at school. The teachers aren’t too strict so we can do whatever we want as long as we are still getting our work done.  On the walk home Payton was constantly talking about this Caiden guy.

“Kinley it was one of the guys that moved in upstairs! He goes to our school, hes a senior! “ payton all but screamed in my face.

“Okay pay calm down! Why are you freaking out so much about him? He hasn’t done anything to you, you haven’t even met them yet!”

“I told you, they just look creepy and weird! I don’t like them Kinley!”

“Okay Pay just be quiet.”

“Just wait something is going to happen and yall are going to see what im talking about.”

It isnt much but its all i have so far ! Ive been writing it and then rewriting it! So i dont exactly have a good plot figured out so please just stick with me !

Comments and votes will be greatly appreciated !