" Thor release me" I ask.

" but Beth.. "

"Thor I am not gonna run away.  I need to fight too please. "

He nods and releases the bond between Loki and himself but not the handcuff that joins us.

"Thor? "

" I am afraid those keys are with the man of iron. "

My reply is cut off by at least 30 people entering the room with guns.  As one shoots towards me, I duck and Thor hits the shooter with his hammer ( I think it's called mjolnir)

I hide behind the table with Loki.

"Use your powers! "

" I'm not angry!"

"Really?  You get angry at  a diner but not at people shooting at you?  You really are unhinged. "

"shut up!'

"guess the sheriff was right.you are a freak!"

Something clicks in my mind and Loki says, " direct the anger.  Direct it. "

I stand up and push my hands out. At once the shooters are frozen in their place.

LOKI'S POV :

I make her  upset by calling her a freak, and tell her to direct it. She stands up (which is highly inconvenient as I am physically attached to her.)

Then she pushes her hands up. All the assailants are frozen in place. I did not expect this power and I look at her,  she is really focusing. She looks beautiful. Why am I thinking about her beauty at a time like this?

Then she brings her hands closer and all of the attackers and pulled closer too. And she smiles, and pushes her hands out. ( this would be more comfortable if we weren't cuffed together. Thank you Thor.) All of them go flying through the walls.

And she looks at me with a smirk and says, " you should take notes! " at first I clench my jaws,  but seeing her smiling, I smile back. 

"Well done. " I say.  She nods.

BETHS POV:

I had felt so good. Is that bad?  Well I didn't feel good to throw them. Calm down I'm not sadistic.  It felt good to flex my powers.  And it felt good when Loki said well done. No no no before you let your brain run amok,  it's because it feels good to be validated for once.
Yes...that's it.

We all clean up and move to the lower floors where  there isn't that much damage. I wasn't handcuffed to Loki anymore. We all sat in a room. It wasn't as big as the other room,  but who am I to complain

"Ok so, apparently they were all HYDRA. " Tony says.

I stiffen when I hear that name, "but HYDRA  isn't know to attack so openly. It isn't like them. "

"Exactly "Fury says, "they were desperate.  They were looking for someone. "

Every one looks at Loki.

" I'll  have you know that I am not the cause of all disturbances. " He says. I think thor begs to differ.

" it wasn't for Loki,  they were looking for Annabeth. " Fury says suddenly.

I exhale and look down while running my face.

" Why?  What is going on? Who is this female Xavier?  Would you care to enlighten?" Tony asks.

Fury looks at me and I nod.

" I was five when I was brought to shield. They had saved me from abusive parents. I met the others here."

"The others? "

Fury speaks up, " four other gifted children. They could manipulate the elements,  become invisible,  turn into animals,  one was a mermaid of sorts. And of course Annabeth was telepathic and could move stuff with her mind. Together they  were immensely powerful. "

"We were a family. " I say,  while staring at my hands.

" we went on our first mission at the age of 12. By the time we were 14,  we had completed ten successful missions. Then... " my eyes become watery.

Fury takes over, " they were sent on a mission at a possible HYDRA base. But HYDRA  expected them. They got caught. "

I nod, " we were caged like animals,  and tortured for information.  We didn't yield. We were sure that SHIELD would come. We were sure that... that fury would come. A year passed,  Annie..."  I stop and gulp, " Annie died. After that we all stopped talking. Another year passed. No one came. We became shells of ourselves. Beat up and broken,  they pushed us and made us kill for them. We complied like robots. Two more years passed. One day,  they had altered our genes a bit and wanted to check if we could survive in low oxygen conditions. The kept us all on tables in a room and put those masks on. Suddenly there was an explosion.  SHIELD had come. I was barely conscious but so happy.  Many HYDRA agents were caught,  Many escaped. Then fury opened the lab we were in and looked at us... he. He checked our pulse,  which was weak because... "

"Because of low oxygen. " Bruce volunteered.

I nod, " he assumed we were too weak to survive and left."

They all turned toward fury expecting him to refute  the charge.

"And SHIELD bombed the facility... with.. us.. " I stop talking and take a deep breath.

"I tried to shield us using a force field. But.. I was weak.. and they died.I survived because.. I don't know. Maybe I should've died. "

I look at him and get Up to leave.

"I'm sorry " Fury says softly.

I turn to look at him and smile, " So am I. "

-------------------------------------------
Why did you leave them all alone Fury?