Chapter 10

Marcel's POV

"But it's not even your fault, it's not. It's my fault. It's my fault. I can't believe what I've done this is all my fault." I stammer through tears.

"What did you do?" he whispers. I start crying harder.

"YOu don't even remember! That's the worst part is you don't even know!" I scream.

He just sits and stares at me while I come down from sobs. He tries to put his hand on my arm as if to calm me.

"Stop! I don't deserve you anymore."

That's it isn't it? I don't deserve him anymore.

"Did you use to dress different?" he whispers out of nowhere. I nod.

"Can you show me what you used to look like?" He asks.

Louis' POV

He shows me a picture of him from the beginning of Senior year. He looks familiar. But it's the kind of familiar you can't put your finger on. The kind of familiar that itches.

"Yeah, I don't know why you fell in love with me either." He whispers. Then I realize I've been scowling at the picture and he's gotten the wrong idea.

"No I just-" I try to excuse.

"It's fine."

"How close were we?" I ask. I'm curious to know how much he knows. Does he know what Joel does to me and my mom? He's silent for a minute.

"Louis William Tomlinson. Born on Christmas Eve 1991. Grew up in Doncaster. If you could have a super power you would fly. Favorite band is The Fray. Something happened to your dad and he died. Your mom has remarried to a guy named Joel. He-... abuses you guys. You take the hits because you think you owe it to your mom. Favorite colors are black and dark red. You hate baked beans. You want to get married on the beach. You have size ten feet. You love marmite. You love that show Misfits and you always make me watch it with you.

You goddamn love silly string even though it smells horrid. You sleep walk occasionally. You sometimes sleep around with Eleanor. You like when people get jealous over you. You used to love me." He spills it all out quickly.

He knows a lot more than I thought he did. He knows about my likes and dislikes. He knows about Joel. He knows me. I wish I knew him. I wish I could remember.

"You know I'm trying, right?" I croak.

"I do." He says looking down.

"You know I'm sorry, right?" I prod more.

"I do." He says again.

"You know I want to remember the love we had, right? I'm not scared of it." I repeat again.

"Maybe we should be." Cel says looking up.

"Love is dangerous. Love is deadly. It's loving but there are toxic parts to it too. It's not safe. There are no guarantees in love. Love is a fucking dive into the vast unknown." He continues.

"It's supposedly worth it though." I say with a wry smile.

"I'm okay. Its okay." Marcel says after a minute.

"I'm okay. Marcel's okay. It's okay." The words come spilling out.

What was that? That sounds so familiar. So damn familiar.

I'm okay. Marcel's okay. It's okay?