Chapter 2**

After a few moments which contained the exchange of remarks of how much we had changed since our last meeting, our attention was stolen by Han and Obi-Wan's conversation, and we soon made our way to the booth.

Though Luke and I carried on a separate conversation, I couldn't help but overhear Han's bragging about the Falcon. It brought a smile on my face, knowing how proud he was of that ship, and just how much he had been through with it.

Soon enough, Han and Obi-Wan came to an agreement, which at the very least surprised me, considering both of their strong wills. It could be observed that Obi-Wan's wisdom compensated for Han's arrogance, as my old master knew exactly how to talk to Han. But, I knew he had dealt with the reckless type before.

With that, Han told him the docking bay number, and my master stood up from his seat, beckoning for Luke to follow him as he made his way to the exit. Luke didn't seem super pleased on leaving his conversation with me, but he gave me a smile and a quiet 'bye' before following Obi-Wan. I did recieve a form of farewell from my master as well, but his was only a solemn, meaningful nod, and then he departed.

My gaze travelled back to Han, who had just commanded Chewie to get the falcon ready, and the wookie headed out of the cantina hastily. A light shone upon Solo's face, the light of hope. This way he might actually obtain a means to repay his horrible employer.

Without entirely realizing it, I had begun to saunter over to him, still sitting in the booth, and I smirked a little as I said," Y'know, you've been gone too long already, I don't want to lose your arrogant charm around here for another 6 months. Here's an idea..." I placed my palm on the table as I slightly leaned towards his direction,"You could let me come along."

A snort escaped his lips as he readjusted himself, and it almost seemed like he was in disbelief that I even brought up such a thought in conversation," Emily, look, it's just a simple ride to Alderaan and back. Besides, I don't need to be feeling like I'm putting you in danger, considering all the bounty hunters after me."

I huffed slightly, an obvious annoyance making itself clear in my tone," You speak as if you forget what I'm capable of."

Han's eyes rolled the most dramatically I had ever seen before, as he exasperatedly exclaimed," Em, enough with the force. It's not real."

This statement lit a fire in my eyes as I angrily peered at him with a tightly clenched jaw and a restraining expression of contempt fury," I understand you think that. But I am not ready to let you go so easily this time, sitting on my ass in this dusty bar just hoping you'll come home. Besides, I'm useful. I can fix things in the falcon, I can pilot, I can gun, I can speak a vast array of dialects, and most importantly, I'll be able to keep tensions from getting too high between you and the old man and the kid."

With that, he actually chuckled in response, which caused the annoyed look on my face to shift to slight confusion, and I heard him out. His eyes found their way up to mine, and a smirk replaced his little smile," Okay, you've got a point there, I suppose. If you really want to come, go meet up with Chewie and help him prepare the falcon. I'll be there any minute, alright?"

I deeply signed, honestly exhausted beyond words with his ever-changing opinion, and replied," Alright, Han."

Turning away too quickly, I didn't even notice that a familiar Rodian figure sat at the bar, just watching and waiting for when I finally left the famous smuggler's presence.

My last order of business was to settle my new found affairs with my boss, the bartender, who was sad to see me leave, but little did I know, I'd be gone for a lot longer than the two weeks I told him.

Of course, as soon as I walked out the entryway, Greedo ambushed Han before he could follow me, and forced him back into the booth. It was quite a shame that I was totally oblivious to the situation unfolding in the cantina, but luckily, as Han informed me later, he shot first.