"Lou?"

  "I don't know Harry." She sighs obviously becoming frustrated with me.

"Are you sure you don't know anything Lou because i feel like you do."

    "No Harry.  I know nothing at all."

Charlotte's POV.

  "Push me higher mummy." Milo laughed as i pushed him on the swing, it wasn't exactly the right kind of weather for the park, it was probably about 12 degrees out, frost tittering along with fences, damp covering the grass, but i wanted fresh air and time with Milo alone.

I sat on the park bench watching Milo choose different things to play on, he's quite independent, he rarely needed me which in some ways made me sad - he would always be my baby.

I looked down, placing a hand over my stomach. "I'm going to sort this out." I whisper stroking it. "Mummy will sort this." I promise.

I hear a bang and look up to see a crying Milo on the floor, i run over to see what happened.

  "I missed the step." He cries as i hold him closely.

"Were you going too fast baby?"

He nods. "I got 'xcited." He whines.

"It's okay baby, let mummy see?" I ask sitting him down on the bench. I pull his jeans up and see he has a little scratch. "Well," I say dramatically. "Do i need to cut the whole leg off, that is the question?" I tease.

Milo giggles covering his face. "No mummy!"

I laugh hugging him towards me. "I guess i'll just kiss it better?"

He nods as i kiss it and then kiss his forehead.

  "Mummy," Milo speaks after some time. We both sat on the bench, him cuddled into my arms.

"Yes sweetie?"

  "Why were you crying?"

I swallow. "Wh-when? I wasn't."

He nods vigorously. "The other night, on your bed."

I swallow, almost gulp holding back the tears. "My feelings were hurt."

How do you explain depression to a child?

Anyone know?

No?

Okay, thanks.

  "Why? How did they get hurt? Did you fall from a step, like me?" He asked, his eyes bright.

I smile sadly. "Kind of."

He shrugs. "Did you kiss it better?"

I nod. "You could say that."

He smiles happily. "Don't cry anymore mummy."

I kiss his cheek. "I won't." Not when you're awake that is. I say in my head.

Once i got home i saw Harry placing things in a bag.

  "Daddy! Look!" Milo pouted pointing at his knee.

Harry lifting him up. "Oh dear what did you do?" He frowned kissing his cheek.

  "Fell off the step, mummy kissed it better."

He smiled slightly. "That's good then." He put Milo down who then decided to run and find Buzz and Woody.

"Going somewhere?" I frown looking at his bag.

  "Er - yeah, i'm going to stay with Niall for the night."

"Okay?"

  "Yeah, i won't be back until tomorrow."

I nod silently not sure what made him choose to leave for the night.

I felt my blood boil. "Why are you leaving?"

He sighed zipping the bag. "I just need to clear my head."

"So leaving your girlfriend and son for the night is how you clear your head?" I seethe quietly so Milo doens't hear.

  "You're my girlfriend now?"

Ouch.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

  "You have hardly spoken to me, this morning you just up and left."

"I went to the park-"

  "You left and you know it."

"Don't try and turn this round on me Harry."

He laughs bitterly. "Wouldn't fucking dream of it."

"Language!" I scold seeing Milo standing there.

  "Daddy?" He frowns. "Where are you going?"

My heart breaks a little.

 "I'm going to Niall's house for the night son."

He shakes his head. "Stay, please."

I thought Milo pleading for him to stay would sway him, but instead he picks up his bag kissing Milo's hair. "I'll be back tomorrow."

"Harry." I speak as he walks out the door. "If you leave, i can't promise i'll be waiting for you when you return."

He turns around and i think he's about to walk back inside, kiss me and hold me and tell me everything is going to be okay, but instead he throws his bag into his car - climbs in and leaves.

________________________________________________

A/N: RIP Nelson Mandela. Tragic news. x