47. Epilogue 2-Always and Forever

Start from the beginning

"Madeleine Fell, you just have one thing," a soft voice said from the door.

"I don't remember having anything when I came." I stood up.

She handed me a small manila envelope, and I opened it. I tipped it over, and a ring fell out. It was shining silver with a nice diamond on top. It was the same ring that Justin had brought me from Maine; the last thing I ever got from him.

"It's very pretty," she said.

"Thank you," I sighed, slipping the ring onto the fourth finger on my left hand. I was determined not to cry when I saw it there. "Can I leave now?"

"You sure can. Do you have a ride? You can't leave without a ride."

"I have one." I nodded and slipped past her. Jeremy had made sure to send someone over so that I didn't have to stay here any longer than necessary.

"Well then, we'll be seeing you."

"I hope not." I waved and strode out of the doors.

I stood on the stone steps of the minimum-security prison and took a deep breath. The July air was still hot, but not unpleasant. It wasn't as if I hadn't been outside during my stay, but this was a new type of freedom, which I would never take for granted again.

I walked down the long, winding road and towards the gates, which opened for me.

"Looks, like the criminal has sprung the coop," a deep voice said. He was leaning on the side of a black Mercedes with sunglasses. His strong shoulders made him look menacing, but I knew there was a heart of gold inside.

I ran and wrapped my arms around Jaxon's neck as I was lifted off of the ground. He now stood well above me and was probably over six feet.

"They sent you to get me?" I clung to him tighter.

"I volunteered," he chuckled lowly.

"I can't believe it. You haven't come to visit me in a year." I hit his arm when he put me down. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I was busy." He nursed the spot. "Ouch, that hurt."

"You deserve it." I examined him up and down. "Oh my God, look at you. You're massive."

He wasn't Keegan's size, but it was obvious that Jaxon had gone through and taken well to puberty. His muscles were extremely defined, and he looked like a man, not like the little boy I remember. His dark hair was short but still covered his deep blue eyes.

"And what's this?" I ran my hand over his stubbly jaw where small whiskers were peeking out.

"I know, cool, right?" He smirked. "And I shaved last night."

"You're all grown up. What happen to my little Jaxon?"

"Don't get teary-eyed on me. We have a long trip ahead." He picked my backpack up and threw it over his shoulder.

"Where are we going?" I went around to the passenger's side of the car.

"Don't start with the questions. Just let me drive."

"And you're driving?" I hadn't even realized as I sat in the plush leather of the seat. He was sixteen now, so I guess it was normal, but I never thought I'd see the day when he was behind the wheel of a car. "Who taught you?"

"Keegan tried, but I ended up teaching myself. He has no idea what he's talking about, by the way. I think he needs to take some kind of class." Jaxon started the car, and it roared to life.

"Where are we going?" I asked again, hoping he would tell me this time.

"I said I wasn't answering that." He easily pulled out of the driveway and maneuvered onto the road.