Phase 2

Wow, I haven't really looked at Chloe in a while. She's changed a lot. Her hair is longer, her eyes are prettier, and her facial features are sharper. She's really pretty. Wait, what? Did I just think that? Maddie, she's your friend. You can't think that.

Yet, somehow, she couldn't help but notice how muscular Chloe had gotten.

"Maddie. Maddie. Maddie!" Chloe yelled, breaking Maddie out of her daydream.

Her cheeks went bright pink."What?"

Chloe eyed her friend suspiciously. "Are you okay? You seem kinda...I don't know. Out of it."

"Of course. I-I'm fine." She stammered. "So, how about this duet?" She asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, yeah! It's really cool! I'm so happy we get to do it together!" The blonde jumped with joy.

"Yeah, me too! I thi-"

Her sentence was cut short by Abby. "Girls! Quit gossiping and come over here!"

They danced for what seemed like days. Finally, when Abby approved, they left the ALDC building for the day.

"Well, I'll see you tommorow, Mads. Bye!" Chloe said while climbing into her mother's car.

"Bye." Maddie mumbled.

She couldn't concentrate. She kept thinking about how Chloe had hugged her after practice. Maddie had felt something. Something more than just friendship. She had felt as if time had stopped, and they were the only two people on the earth.

Maddie was quiet the whole ride home.