"you have a lovely voice, you know that right?" i say, tyler blushes.

"thanks j-joshy." he responds, while his blush deepens to a darker shade of pink. his eyelashes flutter, grazing the tops of his cheekbones, making him look innocent and breathtaking.

"you're so cute baby boy."

"so are you joshy." he looks at me and gives me a big smile, dimples peeking out.

this precious boy is gonna be the death of me, i swear.

•••

tyler's pov
i wasn't really expecting to go on a double date with dallon and brendon. i kinda wanted to just stay home and cuddle with josh all day. the last time i saw dallon and brendon was the day josh told me he had cancer. since they are josh's best friends, it might be nice to get to know them. from the looks of it brendon is very hyper, outgoing, likes to be loud, has a huge forehead, but also a very caring person. on the other hand dallon seems to keep to himself, tends to put others before him, loves brendon, can be very quiet, really fucking tall, makes sure brendon doesn't get out of hand. i don't mind them, they seem like great people.

after we eat, we're going to this carnival, i'm a little nervous because there's gonna be a lot of people there. i don't do well with big crowds of people, i probably should've told josh this.

we made it to the diner, it was small and had a nice 60s aesthetic to it. dallon and brendon were already in a booth, located in a back corner next to a window. josh and i made our way to the booth and sat down across from them. not long after a waitress came asking us what we wanted to drink.

"so tyler, we haven't properly been introduced. i'm brendon urie, i've been josh's best friend since the age of 9." he pulled out his hand, waiting for me to shake it. i shake it and dallon speaks right after.

"i'm dallon weekes and i've been friends with these losers since i was 11. i moved here from seattle, where were you from before you moved here?" dallon said.

"my parents are originally from here, but they moved to philadelphia around the time i was born. my dad decided that it would be nice to move back here, so here i am." i said.

the waitress comes back with all of our drinks and asked us what we wanted to eat. i'm a child so i just got chicken strips and some fries. after the rest ordered, dallon spoke up once again.

"tyler, tell us a little about yourself. like your hobbies and favorite color and all that jazz." dallon said while putting his chin in his hands.

"well i'm not that interesting." josh smacked my shoulder. "first of all, asshole." i glared at josh. "anyways, i like to play the piano, i can also play the ukulele. umm, i also write songs. my favorite color is blue." i said.

"tyler is a great singer." josh added, my cheeks started to heat up.

"oh hush up dun." i glare at josh. our food arrives shortly after. the rest of the time we ate, brendon almost got us kicked out because we started throwing food at each other. we finished the rest of the food we had and headed to the carnival.

the car ride to the carnival was quick but really quiet. i kept shaking my legs and tapping my knee, it was a nervous habit. josh noticed and grabbed my hand and laced it with his.

"you okay bub?" josh asked, concern dripping from his lips.

"just a little nervous, there's usually big crowds at carnivals and i don't do too well with big crowds." i said, josh starts to rub his thumb on the back of my hand.

"we don't have to go if you don't want to." josh says.

"n-no i want to go, if i'm with you the whole time i'll be fine." i give him a peck on the cheek for more reassurance.

"o-okay, but if you're feeling uncomfortable you'll tell me right?" he said.

"i will, don't worry joshy i'm okay." i say while giving him a big smile.

we make it to the carnival and it's so bright, you can hear laughter from children, and some screams from the people on the rides. i notice the amount of people there and my hands start to shake. josh grabs one of my hands and starts placing featherlight kisses on my knuckles. he then stops and whispers sweet nothings in my ear sending chills down my spine.

"you ready babe?" josh asks, i simply nod.

all four of us walk in, brendon already bought us a shit ton of tickets. dallon freaks out and sees a stuffed bear that he wants, brendon being brendon, tries his hardest to win it.

after about five attempts brendon gives up. josh and i wander off and we decide to go do the bumper cars. josh is an asshole and constantly bumps me just to piss me off.

after the bumper cars we went to go try to win a fish. i was awful at it, i have no aim. josh ended up winning a blue one.

"here you can have it, mercury would end up killing this poor little guy." josh says while handing my the bag. "what're you gonna name it?"

"neptune, because it's blue and so it can stick with the theme of planets like mercury." i said.

once josh won neptune, we lost brendon and dallon. josh said that they're probably sucking each other off in the bathroom. it was getting really late and i was starting to get tired. josh insisted that we go on the ferris wheel for cliché romantic purposes. so here we are in line waiting to go on next.

•••

josh's pov
i'm gonna do it, i have to tell him.

•••

tyler's pov
we get on the ride and everything up here seems so peaceful. i'm snuggled up into josh's side, his body heat radiates off of him keeping me warm. josh pecks my head every now and then, electricity flowing threw my veins every time.

"tyler?" he says softly.

"hmm." i reply.

"look at me, please." i turn around looking straight into his eyes. they fill me up with warmth and make my heart flutter.

"i have something to tell you."

"what is it?" worry falls from my lips.

"i love you."

i don't say anything back, his eyes fill with panic.

my heart beat increases.

"i love you too josh."

a/n: sorry this took so long to update. this chapter is longer than usual and i wanted it to be kinda special. sorry if there's any mistakes, point them out if there is any. also thanks much for 3k reads that's fucking unbelievable. i hope you enjoyed this chapter, i love feedback! i love you all so much - jay