Chapter 5

Ashanti and Lily were waiting by Alex's locker waiting on her and Anna. Today is their annual girls day and they're  going over Ashanti's house. "Do you see Anna or Al yet?" Lily asks for the umpteenth time. "No I....  Wait! There's  Anna, but Al isn't with her" Anna gets closer to the girls and the confusion on her face matches theirs. "Where's Al?" "We thought she was with you" Anna rolls her eyes, "She better hurry up, I'm hungry." Ashanti and Lily chuckle, "you just ate an hour ago girl calm your tits." Anna rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest "Fine, but seriously where is she? She's never late to....  We'll anything" They all begin to get a little worried now. "I'll text her and see where she is." Lily says and they nod. Ashanti looks behind Anna's shoulder and sees Rosie walking in their direction. Rosie notices their worried expressions when she gets close and gets concerned. "What's up guys,  everything okay?" Ashanti shakes her head and sighs. "Not really,  Alex is late meeting us here, today is our girls night at my house, which I forgot to ask at lunch did you want to come?" Rosie nods with a small smile, "I'd love to,  I just have to let my mom know and I'm set, but maybe Alex is talking to a teacher or something." she says trying to comfort them. Lily breathes heavily into the air. "I've  texted her at least a million times and still no answer." Anna pulls out her phone and tries to call Alex, but it goes to voicemail. "She isn't answering calls either." "We should go look for her?" They nod and begin walking down the hall, but stop once they hear a scream coming from behind them. "Someone call an ambulance, a girl is hurt badly in the janitors closet!" They all look at each other with worried expressions. "You don't think it's Al do you?" Lily asks looking at the other four girls. Anna face suddenly turns pale at the thought. "I don't know, but I'm finding out." They all rush to the janitors closet, but are told to move out the way by paramedics. "Everyone clear a path!" One of them yell as the other comes through with a stretcher. All of the girls are anxious hoping that it is not there friend, but the answer becomes clear once the paramedic comes out with the stretcher. There was Alex on it,  bloody and unconscious. The girls break down in tears. Who could've down this? Why would someone do this? Just as the question came into mind,  there was the preps coming out with smirks on their faces. Anna didn't hesitate on walking up to the head of the group Josh and pushing him up against the wall. "What did you do to her?" She said practically fuming in his face. He tries to get out of her grip, but fails, he looks at his friends for support and they stare until they notice what he needs. They grab Anna and hold her back while she tries to get back to him with a fight. "I did nothing to her,  whoever did do it though did the world a favor." Ashanti, Lily,  and Rosie were close enough to hear this and tried to attack the boy, but was held off by other students who happened to be near. "DID THE WORLD A FAVOR!? YOU HEARTLESS PIECE OF SHIT!!" Ashanti yells breaking free of the student holding her and punches Josh in the face at least three times. The student gets a hold of her again before she can take another swing. Josh feels wetness dripping off the side of his lip and wipes at it, he sees that it's blood and becomes livid. "I said what I said and meant it,  she's a freak of nature that shouldn't be on this earth,  so whoever did was doing the world a favor!" Rosie is about to speak, but can see Alex being put into the ambulance from out of the main doors. She then remembered the reason they were mad in the first place,  Alex was hurt and they needed to find out if she was okay. "Guys! Leave it,  we need to go see about Alex." she says getting the attention of the three girls and Josh. They stop fighting and calm down. The other preps and random students let them go and they run towards the door Alex left out of. Before they left out of the door Josh yelled one more thing out. "If she's dead, I'll invite you all to the celebration party at my house." He says causing the people around him to laugh. How can people be so cruel? She is important as everyone else,  why can't they see that? They ignore him and take after Alex in the ambulance.