Chapter Eight

Let's pretend Twilight was written earlier than 2005. Anybody who likes it please don't take what I wrote in the story personally

Hannah continued working almost all day and when she glanced at the clock it read 6:53 pm. She decided that was enough for today and stepped out onto her balcony. A few days ago she found a way onto her roof and decided to go up there again. Every Wednesday night ever since she was 5 she would go up and gaze at the stars because that was a tradition she had with her father.

When she got up to roof she leant against one of the chimneys and watched the sun set and the stars come out. Wow you can actually see the stars, unlike in Florida. She thought while watching the stars come out and slowly become more visible.

After Rudolph was done at the farm he started to head towards Hannah's house. When he spotted Hannah's house he saw a figure sitting on the roof and when he got closer he realized it was Hannah. He gently and quietly landed on the roof next to her and sat down. When he sat down next to her it didn't startle or surprise Hannah because of how lost in though she was. She didn't realize he was there until she felt his clothes brush against her arm. She jumped and jerked away thinking it was a bug but calmed down when she saw Rudolph next to her.

"Do you like watching the stars?" Rudolph asked snapping Hannah out of her gaze and thoughts. Hannah glanced him and smiled sort of painfully at him since she only watched the stars to be reminded of her father. Rudolph noticed her change in expression and decided to leave it alone. They sat in silence for a little while longer but neither really cared because it was actually comforting. Hannah kept stealing glances at Rudolph before finally blurting something out she never told anyone before.

"When I was younger my father and I would always go out Wednesday night and watch the stars since it was his only day off of work. It's sort of like a tradition we had and now it's the only thing I have to myself  about him that nobody else knows about. Well nobody besides you." Rudolph glanced at Hannah and just nodded not knowing what to say since she just said he the first person she ever told this to. He had a question he wanted to ask on the tip of his tongue but it seemed like a bad idea.

"You want to ask something. I can tell" Hannah said after she looked at Rudolph. He looks surprised that she said that cocked his head to the side.

"You can tell?" He asked confused while Hannah just nodded.

"You do this thing with your eyes."

"What thing?" He asked wanting to know so he could try and fix it.

"Now, why would I tell you that. Just so you can go fix it, yeah not going to happen." Rudolph smiled lightly and that and silence fell over then again.

"Is it a question about my father?" Hannah asked turning her head to look at him while Rudolph glanced and her when they met eyes, looked away.

"Well yes, but it seemed like a very inappropriate question to ask." Hannah though for a second about what he meant and then let out a laugh when she was pretty sure she knew what he wanted to ask.

"You want to ask how he died right?" Rudolph looked shocked she knew his question but nodded his head nonetheless.

"When I was a few years younger like 9 or 10 my dad and I went to this festival together. When it started to get darker out we heard gun shots and then people screaming. All I could remember at that time was seeing people falling down while bleeding. Then before I could even realize what was going on I was on the ground and my dad was sort of laying on top of me. I was confused at that time but now I know that he was protecting me. He got shot right before he pushed me down and basically died on top of me. So basically we were caught in the middle of a massacre and i was one of the only six that survived out of about 100 people." Rudolph eyes widen and was speechless while looking at Hannah and when he was about to say something when she cut him off.