The Here and the Now

" Mr. Willson, you are the least qualified to inform his only remaining family."

" Really? Why is that?" The Merc asks bitterly.

" Wilson I understand you had an acquaintance with Parker but that doesn't mean you have the right to tell his aunt of his identity and-"

" Acquaintance?" Wade snaps cutting Fury off. " We where friends! I was the only one ever there for him besides his aunt! Even in the end, I was the only one!"

" The only one to what exactly?"

" To care! I was the only one who ever was there for him!" Wade yells at the man of authority.

" Wilson there were plenty of people here that cared for Peter. Much more then you are capable of. You are well known for your selfish acts."

" Are you sure about that?" The dangerous Anti-Hero asks. His mask revealing a matching expression as his demeanor.

Peter had been so much more than a Friend to him. Peter didn't look down on him, yet Wade still looked up. Peter had taken his time to be patient with Wade, to learn what he was like under all the crazy. Peter had trusted him.

Peter brought him to meet May once Wade had deemed himself brave enough to meet her without the mask. Peter had smiled so truly at Wade. Peter had called him a friend.

The title had both made Wade's heart soar, but he couldn't deny the slight sting it left behind. He liked Peter far beyond a friend.

" We are aware of you're interactions with Mr. Parker but that doesn't put you in any more of a place to-"

" Yes, it does! I know May! I know what she's going to go through when she finds out." Wade lashes out at the man.

Fury is silent as Deadpool continues his rant, the boxes enraged by the lack of emotion from the man.

Their Baby Boy had been ripped away from him because of a stupid decision the director had made. He lost two of his best assets on the avenger team because he had failed to look at the situation from all angles. He allowed them to walk into a trap while everyone was held back from helping. Even Deadpool had been forced to watch helplessly, not allowed to help even though he knew he could. He knew as well as anyone else yet he was still detained. Wasn't allowed to push forward. He was immortal. He should have been there to protect the most important people.

•••••

" Mrs. Parker?"

" Yes?" The woman asks, eyeing the man. The bright red mask sending negative messages about the mysterious man standing at her door. " I'm sorry but I don't think we've met."

Wade shifts slightly, unsure and nervousness about her possible reaction. He wasn't entirely afraid to show her his face anymore, but what would she think of him as Deadpool?

" May... It's. I'm Wade." He says before very hesitantly pulling off the mask.

The middle-aged woman's eyes widen ever so slightly in an alarmed surprise before glancing down at the rest of his outfit, taking in the sight of the belt and numerous weapons. Her hand came to cover her mouth as she said nothing. She knew who Deadpool was, what his profession is.

" Wade." She finally says, picking her words carefully as she looks at the man staring at the ground in shame of himself. The overhang of the roof keeping him dry from the heavy rain falling around him. " What are you doing?" She asks. Her words are neither harsh or sad. Just confused. Confused as to why he would openly reveal himself as a killer on her doorstep.

" Mrs. Parker I have something I need to explain. It's about Peter." Wade says, forcing away the tears that are threatening to be drawn up.

May looks at him, Worry washing over her face. " You didn't..." She lets the sentence Fall as she glances at his katanas and firearms once again.