2000 Light Years Away

Billie's POV

Mike, Tre, and I stayed behind in the warehouse since we've got nothing to do but produce music for our new album 21st Century Breakdown we can only hope it comes out soon. We have been working really hard on it and one of my favorites from our album is 21 guns. I think this album is making us in for business. We are just a small band in Oakland playing street shows and small freebies in clubs. We just sit around practicing and writing songs for the new album until Oliver gets back. Man is she spicy and sweet. Oh yeah I have to remember, we've only talked for 10 minutes but there's something in me that craves her. I want her, I want to know more about her.

                              Oliver's POV

Oh god. Work, work, work. I hate it but it's the only way I can keep myself stable. I kind of miss Billie and those other dicks, I giggle to myself. They're nuts but I don't know how they feel about me. I feel like me and Billie sparked right there and then when he touched me. His soft hands inked with a tattoo on his finger. His eyeliner smudged and sweat off like mine. He was a match. Aye, aye. I need to slow down I barely even know him. What if he rapes me or is a predator? You never know.

Oh my it's 2:25 so close to being able to leave. Hopefully I can get let out early. Stupid corner shops. It's a pain in the ass whenever half of the staff leave to go to lunch and expect you to stay stable and run the store by yourself. It's got me paranoid that I'm going to get the store robbed and be a pussy about it. Therefore I could get fired. But Billie, him by my side protecting me. That's all I want. I'm sitting off daydreaming to myself on such a wonderful man. "Hey? Oliver. Knock out of it you've been daydreaming all day now get back to work asshole" a clerk shoves me. "Oh what? I'm sorry it's just things have been going on
recently." I look over yander and see the record store across the street. I have a good idea.

"Oliver you know what go home early I can handle the store. Just don't daydream tomorrow or I'll tell boss to asswhoop ya!" My pupil shrinks. No job, no apartment, no records, no guitars. Man I need to keep my job to support myself.

I run over to the record store after I check out of the corner store. I look both ways of the cracked street. I walk swiftly hoping to not get hit by a car since there are no crosswalks. I open the door and there's a little "ding!" Whenever you enter. I go immediately to the rock section of the store and search the records and find some good ol' Queen records. I check the grooves of the record to make sure it'll last longer than a cheap old messed up record. It looked perfect and only $10. I dug for change out of my pocket and then I saw a Ramones record. I picked that up too. Another $10. I found a $20 bill in my pocket and proceeded to the counter. I knew Billie would like a Ramones record since he can't find any and I've seen his small collection.

I drive back to the storage cubical to hear them rehearsing and I enjoy until the song is over and then I barge in. "Guess who's early?" I say. Billie's face brightens up whenever I took a footstep through that door. I pull the record out of the bag and hand it to Billie. "No way! How can I ever repay you? I've been looking for this but I never have any luck at all" Billie says in shock. "It's on me, I got a bonus for staying at the store myself even though I was being a lazy ass" I giggled. Billie giggles along. Tre and Mike are in the back whispering and making 'kissy' faces at us and I see Billie look over signaling with a face expression to shoo. I giggle in my mind but not out loud as I see Billie trying to be romantic. He puts his arm around my neck and fuck yeah! I'm okay with that. He looks like a blob of emotions. Happy that I'm enjoying him putting his arm around me but I see he is scared I'm going to shove him off and break his heart which I'd never do. I decide to speak up for myself and say "This is nice."

                             Billie's POV

HOLY SHIT! This girl actually is enjoying me trying to get closer. Usually when girls come near me they walk straight away. Oliver rubs her face and smudges her eyeliner. It's kinda cute but I tell her, "Hey you got a little eyeliner." I giggle. I lick my finger and rub it off her face. "Thanks" she blushes. "No problem!" I smiled at her. "Alright Oliver so you know the simple chords to Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I know the solo, Mike knows bass line, and Tre knows drum line. Let's play. Me and Oliver can duet!" I see her blush "Hehe, thanks for the offer but I'm not all in all great at singing but I guess I could give it a try..." I see that she is embarrassed but once she sings and we know each other she won't be afraid of singing in front of no one!

"One, Two, Three, Four!" Tre yells. "I walk a lonely road the only one that I have ever known, don't know where it goes but it's home to me and I walk alone... oh, oh, oh..."  Me and Oliver sing in a duet. She has the most angelic voice I've ever heard. It's so delicate and light and whenever she sings is soothing. I love her singing so much. Tre finishes off the drum line and I immediately look over at her and yell "Your voice is so angelic and precious! It's amazing." She blushes. "Thanks! I don't think myself all in all it's that great but if you enjoy it I guess others will" she feels proud of herself you can tell the way she says it she has confidence. "Whatcha say Oliver I don't think I've introduced you to my two friends. This is Mike! He plays bass." Mike nods and waves at her. "This is, Tre Cool. His name kind of explains his personality. He's a trainwreck of fun. We love him and he plays drums!" Tre winks his eye and twitches his eyebrow at her and she giggles. "So what do you call yourselves fellas?" Oliver asks. "Green Day" I reply.