Twelve

Third Person P.O.V

"Sc-Scorpius?" Albus called from his window. The blonde boy looked up from his studies and his confusion melted away at the sight of the boy.

"Hey Albie, what's up? You alright?" He asked.

"Y-yeah, I-I d-drew a... a-another s-sketch." He spoke and Scorpius smiled.

"Of me?" He asked hopefully but Albus shook his head. "Oh then of who?"

"C-can I c-come o-over to s-show y-you?" He asked and Scorpius smiled.

"Of course you can." Scorpius agreed so Albus grinned. He hopped onto the bridge and then trotted over. He climbed into the window and sat on Scorpius' lap. "Alright, let's see the picture." He told Albus. Albus shifted and pulled the folded sketch out of his pocket. He unfolded it and showed Scorpius. "Wow." Scorpius gasped. It was quite good. It was sketch of something that resembled a basement. It was unfinished and looked rather dingy. Scorpius noticed it had a mattress on the floor and chains on the wall. It was so detailed down to the stairs that were broken but still looked usable. "This is great." Scorpius told him. "Where is it?" He asked and Albus seemed shocked by the question. His eyes nearly bulged out of his head and he shook his head really quickly. A habit that he had broken weeks prior. He hopped off Scorpius' lap and hid under the desk. He started to mumble 'no' brokenly. Scorpius was certainly surprised at the reaction. "Hey Albus. It's okay. Come here." Scorpius coaxed. Albus launched himself into the blonde's arms. He cried out loudly and then started to cry. Scorpius started to rock him gently. He brought a hand to Albus' hair and he whimpered but he allowed the boy to do it. He gently stroked his locks and allowed the boy to calm down. When he did, Albus looked up with sad green eyes and Scorpius couldn't resist. He rubbed his nose against Albus' and then put his forehead against his. "You're safe here; I promise." Albus whimpered and sloppily rubbed his nose against Scorpius'.

"L-love y-you." He told Scorpius who hugged Albus tighter.

"I love you too Albus, so much. I'm gonna fucking kill that bastard who dared hurt you. You understand?" He hissed and Albus let out a small cry. Scorpius gently stroked his hair and kissed his head. "The picture has to do with where you were kept, doesn't it?" Scorpius asked softly. Albus tensed but nodded his head slowly. "Okay." Once he calmed down he picked up the picture again and pointed to a small shadow. Scorpius looked closely and noticed it wasn't in fact a shadow but a window.

"Es....escape o-out w-window." Albus told him.

"You got out through the window? Do you know where you were?" He asked.

"D-dark." Albus told him.

"It was dark?" He asked but Albus just shook his head. He snuggled into Scorpius' lap and listened to the soft beat of Scorpius' heart. He closed his eyes and slowly fell asleep in the older boy's arms. Despite being home for two plus months, his sleeping was still sporadic. He slept a lot which showed how much physical and emotional trauma was done to him. Scorpius sighed and gently placed Albus on his bed. He placed the sketch in his pocket, went back to studying with the full intent on showing Harry later.

Albus woke up two hours later. He jumped in surprise at his surroundings and looked around. Scorpius had fallen asleep reading a history textbook and his mouth was hanging open. Soft snores were coming from his nose making Albus smile. He crawled over to the desk and shook Scorpius awake. He woke up with a start and shot up straight. He looked at Albus wide eyed and he shook his head to clear it.