Chapter 1

Chapter 1

As I walked through the halls of Beacon Hills High School, I felt like I was being watched. I glanced around, quickly, hoping that whoever was watching me, would go away.

I hoped today would go well, but being as it was my first day in a new school, I didn't expect anything. I couldn't expect anything.

I rounded the corner and came face-to-face with a guy, maybe a few years older than I was. He wore a white t-shirt, that hugged his body nicely, a black leather jacket, and dark jeans. He had black hair, and beautiful green eyes. I felt myself beginning to stare, so I stepped back and looked away, blushing.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"No, it's fine." he said.

"Are you sure? I mean, are you okay?" I asked nervously, brushing a few pieces of my hair out of my face with my hand.

"Yeah, it's my fault, I wasn't paying attention. Sorry." he said, laughing slightly.

"Well, okay. Um.. I have to get to class. Bye." I said.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea. You don't want to be late." he said

I started to turn away when he started speaking again.

"I'm Derek by the way." he smiled "Derek Hale."

I blushed, but flashed a smile back at him. "I'm Tori Wilson."

"Nice to meet you Tori." he flashed another one of those smiles. "hopefully we don't have to meet like this again." he laughed, referring to us running into each other, as he handed me my biology textbook.

I didn't realize I dropped it.

"Thanks." I grinned, and walked around him, heading for bio. I could still feel his eyes on me as I walked through the classroom door.

-----------

I got into class and noticed that the teacher still wasn't there.

Thank God.

I scanned the seats quickly and saw that almost all of them were full. I noticed one in the back and breathed out a sigh of relief. I made my way to that seat and sat down.

It was still the first day and all, and so far the only people I've talked to here were the principal, who gave me my schedule and showed me where my classes were, and Derek. I really didn't expect to make many friends here. I moved a lot. So I tried to avoid making friends. But this year was going to be different. I thought.

I was cut off from my thoughts when the teacher came in. She told us to get out our books and open them to page seven. She kept telling us to be quiet and settle down. She also kept saying how she knew it was the first day and all, but that we needed to stop talking.

God she was annoying.

I liked school, but the only thing I didn't like we're the teachers, and the homework, and having to study, for stupid and pointless tests, at two in the morning.

The guy in my class, that I was sitting behind turned around and smiled at me.

"Hey, are you new?" he asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yeah," I said. "how'd you know?"

He had light brown eyes and short brown hair. He wore a dark gray t-shirt and a pair if jeans.

"Well, you weren't here last year, so I figured that you must be new." he concluded. "I'm Stiles." he said with a smile.

"I'm Tori." I smiled back.

"Where did you come from?" he asked me.

"I lived in Pennsylvania for about six years." I answered him.

"Really? Wow, that's pretty far from Beacon Hills." he said.

"Yeah, my mom and dads' jobs got transferred here. It was a very long car ride." I said.

"I bet. Do you know anybody here yet?" he asked.

"No, not really." I admitted

"Oh. If you want you can sit with me and my friend Scott at lunch and stuff." he offered.

"Oh, you don't have to do that. Are you sure? I don't want to make it awkward or anything." I said.

"Oh no, no, not at all. C'mon sit with us." he gave me a pleading look.

I couldn't refuse. "Okay. Thanks." I gave him a smile.

"No problem." he grinned and turned back around in his seat.

I smiled. People here were nicer than I had expected. Not that I expected much.

Biology dragged on for what seemed like forever. it was boring. I really didn't learn anything. Finally the bell rang, releasing us from this hell hole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that's the end of chapter 1 soooo what did you think?? Let me know!!! Sorry if its not good :( I tried. If you don't like it I'm sorry :( but if you did like it thanks!! :)

Comment, vote, and follow me! :)

~ Meghan