A Little Bit of Savviness (A Norman Reedus fan fic)

Disclaimer - All music/lyrics are owned by the original artist. They are borrowed for entertainment purposes only. This story is told from multiple POV's so make sure you are aware of the names that appear as a stand alone, because that's who's POV you reading. All real people in the story own themselves Hope you enjoy and please let me know what you think!

Savvy

Riding in the back seat of the car was wearing me tiresome. My sister, Saffron, was really pushing my schedule. I knew she couldn’t help it but I had promised to stay and watch out for my nephew Jeremy while she and her husband were on opposite sides of the globe and United States for six weeks. I had gotten lucky and my schedule had completely opened up for two months when she called asking if I could come home to Butler to stay with him. I could use the break honestly, but would still be working. My phone was ringing constantly on the ride to Butler all the way from LaGuardia Airport.
Rrrring! Rrrring!
Feeling exasperated, I looked at the caller i.d. to see my dear friend Nathan Lanier’s name.
“Hello there,” I said when I answered the call.
“Hey red, how are you?”
“I’m not really red anymore, but I’m good. You?”
“I’m great now that I’m talking to you.”
“Uh-huh,” I said with a giggle.
“And what do you mean you’re not a red-head anymore? You got rid of that natural beauty on top of your head?”
“Sort of; my hair is violet right now.”
“Violet, as in purple? You have purple hair?”
“Yes. And I can explain.”
“Do tell.”
“I’ve been in Paris for the past month visiting my parents and I got a job with a French photographer. He wanted my hair purple for his photos. It was very art deco with some nudity involved.”
“So you were naked?”
“Yes, but you know I’m comfortable in my skin.”
“I know you are.”
“So, what are you really calling me about Nathan?”
“I need a favor if you can do it.”
“Which is?”
“Well, I have a new track that I’m working on and I need an airy vocal and piano on it.”
“Send me the link, Nathan. I’m sure Johnny won’t mind if I pop in on him at Architecture Studio.”
“Wait, are you home?”
“I am home for about two months before I have to go out to promote my movie.”
“I’m sorry about you and Joe.”
“No need. It was amicable. We’re still friends.”
“That’s good to know.”
“Just send me the link and I will get back to you when it’s done.”
“Just do your magic to it. I’ll attach the lyrics as well. And thank you so much.”
“You’re welcome Nathan.”
I hung up with him and immediately called my friend Jonathan ‘Johnny’ Barbara.
“Architecture Studios, this is Greta, how may I direct your call?”
“I need to speak to Johnny please.”
“Just one moment. May I tell him whose calling?”
“This is Savanna Bellefleur.”
“Give me just a minute, Savanna and I’ll have him on the phone.”
“Thank you, Greta.”
I listened to some music I had actually recorded there as I waited on him to pick up.
Finally, “Sexy Savvy!”
“Jonathan, how are you?”
“I’m great now that I’m talking to you. How’ve you been?”
“Good. You?”
“I’m excellent. I’ve got a box here for you.”
“Great. That’s what I’m calling about. I need the use of one of the studios please. Nathan called and is sending me a track to add to.”
“Sure. When do you want to come in?”
“Tomorrow alright?”
“Hang on,” he said and got quiet.
I could hear him flipping through some papers.
“If it’s going to be problem, I can wait another day, but he acted like he needed it done quickly.”
“No, Savvy, it’s fine. Can you be here at nine in the morning? I’ll buy you a coffee?”
“You don’t have to bribe me with a coffee, Jonathan, but I will be there at nine.”
“I can’t wait to see you, Savvy.”
“It will be good to see you too. I will see you in the morning.”
I hung up with him and decided I had had enough of my phone. Turning it off, I closed my eyes and lay back on the seat to rest until the driver made it to Saffron’s home. He was going to have to turn right around and drive her to Newark     to catch her flight to California. We finally arrived at her Twin Lake home and my seventeen-year-old nephew came bolting out of the door when the driver opened the car door for me to get out.
“Aunt Savvy!”
“Hello Jeremy,” I said as I opened my arms for him to hug me.
“Oh my gosh, you have purple hair! I love it,” the dark-auburn haired boy said to me as he literally picked me up and twirled me around.
“Put your aunt down,” I hard Saffron say from behind Jeremy as the driver was taking my bags out of the trunk. “And help that man with her bags.”
“Yes ma’am.”
He put me down and I turned to look at my brunette-haired, older sister. She came over and I towered over her with my heels on.
“What are you, six, four in those heels?”
“No, I’m only six, one with them on,” I said and hugged her.
“You look beautiful baby sister.”
“Thank you, much older sister,” I said teasing her about our obvious age difference.
Saffron was twelve when I was born. She had been an only child for my parents until I surprised them. You would’ve thought she would’ve been jealous when I came along, but she surprised both of my parents with how attentive and loving she was with me when I was an infant. She had helped my mother raise me up until the time my parents moved back to the United States from living in Paris for ten years. Both Saffron and I had dual citizenship for France and the United States. Saffron was born right here in Butler, New Jersey and I was born in Paris, France.
“… Jeremy and I will be just fine. I’ve got some sporadic work I can do to keep busy and he knows that I will bust his ass if he gets into trouble. When will Anthony be home from Africa?”
“When I talked to him last night, he told me at least six more weeks.”
“That’s fine, Saf. Jeremy and I will be good here.”
“Oh, my work book is on my desk. If something comes up, schedule it for me will you?”
“I didn’t realize you still did private bookings.”
“Yes, I do. And if someone calls, book it for at least six weeks from now for me.”
“I will.”
“Jeremy, come give me a hug and behave for Aunt Savvy.”
Jeremy hugged his mother and she got inside the car to leave. Jeremy put his arm around my shoulders as we watched the car drive off down the long driveway and property.
“We have this huge house all to ourselves, Aunt Savvy,” he said with a hint of no good in voice.
“No Jeremy. I’m tired. I’ve been on a plane and in a car for an entire day. All I want to do is take a long, hot bath, eat and then sleep. I have an appointment in the morning and you have school.”
“Maybe this weekend,” he asked trying to bribe me with his sweetness.
“No parties, Jer.”
“Yes ma’am.”
“Let’s get inside.”