Vipa, jesting horror, clasped a hand to her chest with a gasp. "I'm no criminal, good sir."

Chuckles escaped the assassin. "No, I just need you to keep my profession a secret."

Knocking Michel's head with her knuckles, Vipa nodded in agreement. "Now why the hell would I tell people your real job? I would lose my guide."

"Well," said the angel. "I doubt I'll be much help now. Tragun doesn't show up twice in the same place. At least, not in close together time periods."

"I think I have a solution to that." Vipa waved off the questioning gaze. "First, we must learn how to relax. Success that close and then stolen away isn't good for the soul. Let's take a few days to lay around and goof off."

"Alright then." Michel packed his gun into his suitcase. Taking the advantage to peer into it, the huntress marveled the length he went to keep his weapons readied. Well, a good hunter must always keep their gear at top condition. "If you're so certain of this then I want to go to Kaliam."

"Kaliam?" inquired Vipa. Inflated, affluent men lounging on the beach popped into her mind. "But that's the island where all the rich people live and go on vacation." The assassin gestured to his suitcase. "Oh right.... Does that mean you're rolling in gold coins? If so, you're paying for our stay." The huntress gestured to her ship. "Unless you think this vessel is fit for those silver hairs."

"Depends on how the trip goes," stated the assassin. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a couple of trunks to kill."

The trio went to Marjie to stock up on coal one more time. Curious about their success, Elder Juana met them on the shore as the coal was loaded on board. Bowing her head, she spoke in a steady tone to Vipa.

"You're still hunting Tragun after your failure," proclaimed the elder. There was no hint of questioning.

"Of course." Vipa pounded a fist into her chest. "I can't stop now with my goal closer than ever."

"If that's true may you grant these tired bones a wish?" asked the elder. Blinking in confusion, the huntress gave a nod to learn of this request. "You said that your goal is to hear Tragun's story. As you know, thousands of years have passed since our island separated. A portion of our people were dragged away during that time." Juan, bowing in the same direction, pointed her finger to the gate of the lagoon. "While I doubt they still consider us kin, they must know what happened the day our island became three. If they happen to be descendants, please ask them what happened that day."

"What?" A playful grin crossed the huntress' face as she poked the elder's arm. "Don't you believe your own historical account?"

"The sister islands hate each other. Our sister family blames us for the breakup of our home. We resent the accusation. Thousands of years have passed since that day. Who knows how the truth may have distorted since then?"

Shrugging, the huntress glanced at the lagoon. The absence of relatives in her family made it hard for her to understand the feeling of family dispute. It still troubled her at the thought of her mother and her getting into a fight that had lasted centuries.

"Think it will help at all?" asked the huntress.

"Probably not, but maybe it can."

Vipa placed a hand on the Elder's shoulder. "Lady, if I can I will bring that island back with us. Got it?" Startled, the Elder looked up from her bow to be greeted by a smile.

An equally strong smile challenged Vipa's own.

"I'll pray for the fulfillment of that promise," declared the elder.