Chapter 4: Why do you care

My mother had been my everything. After my dad walked out out on us she promised everything was going to be okay. She was always there so support me on my bad days. Due to her I was always happy and smiling so people would naturally take to me so I was a little popular but after she died I was alone for a few months until my aunt came to take care of me.

Carter had been threw thick and thin with me. We've been best friends since about 3rd grade. It's was around 7th grade that carter came out of the closet. Yes carter is gay. Everyone knows it so he's a little more popular than me. Carter is my best friend and will always be. I used to have panic attacks when I had flashbacks but I'm getting better at accepting the fact. She's not coming back.

"Hey" carter said napping fingers in my face "no zoning out" he said before laying down on the bed. "I said that theo boy is the bad boy of our school right?" I hooded laying next to him. "He's cute" he said nudging me and I fake threw up.

"He's a jerk!" I said standing up stretching. "Let's go do something!" He stood up as well "how about a movie?" I checked my phone to see if there's anything I wanted to see. I saw something so I agreed. I changed my clothes and hid anything personal. We walked down the steps talking about what snacks were gonna get.

Right as I reached the doorknob theo called out to me. "Where are you going?" He asked wiping his hair with a towel. He must've taken a shower I thought. "Why do you care?" Carter asked him. He looked a little taken back. "I don't care. My mom will she'll wanna know where you are" he said slightly glaring at Carter before looking at me.

I sighed "we are going to go see a movie" I told him. He looked at me like my face had grown another head. "What" I asked "your... Going on a date?" I looked at him weirdly this time. "Wait you seriously don't know?"

"Know what?" He asked. Me and Carter looked at eachother and laughed a little. "Uhm well Carter is about as straight as the tower of Pisa" he thought about it for a minute before realization flushed over his face i could of swore I saw a little relief but I doubt it. After silence for one minute the only thing he could utter way.

"Oh okay" and walked away.

And I'm the weird one?