05; silas

M Y S T I C  G R I L L

Harley watched with boredom as Damon poured drinks and conversed with his so called brother Stefan. With her hand on her chin she blew out air and recalled a moment where she was behind the counter one time.

"Look, I get why you haven't called me back all summer. I wouldn't call me back either," Damon said taking a sip of his drink as the girl listened to their conversation. She wished she could've known more about them; vampires but she didn't know a thing. All she knew about was the evil of Gotham and using a gun.

Stefan gave Damon a lopsided close mouthed grin, "you mean because you stole my girlfriend ? I'm over it, cheers."

Harley pointed her finger after hesitated and clicked her boots against the stool she sat on, "if someone stole me from my puddin' they'd be dead," she put an emphasis on dead with her accent.

Damon shushed her meanwhile Stefan was all the while confused with the girl, "seriously what is she talking about?"

"Ignore her, it's what I do," Damon said.

She pouted her lips and turned around, "fine then."

It went quiet for a moment until Stefan casually spoke about the appearance of the girl Harley just met and the girl Damon was trying to rid,
"Katherine's living at Château Salvatore."

Damon and Harley glanced at eachother on time; and gave the same look of confusion. Stefan made the girl suspicious; she wondered how he knew that and Damon knew something was up but brushed it off because that was his brother.

"How do you know that," Damon asked.

Stefan grinned at the girl who was already looking in his direction and it made her smile grow even more, "because I can read your mind!"

There was a pause and Harley bit her lip, "ooh read mine!"

Stefan just chuckled as Damon had a not so amused look on his face. "I'm kidding guys," he chuckled. "Katherine called me first. Remember? It's always been me first."

"Right," Damon said.

Harley's attention was now on the Gilbert boy and she sent him a nod and a wink so which the boy chuckled at; he walked over to everyone to greet them not knowing Stefan was back.

Stefan placed a hand on Jeremy's arm and Harley placed a hand on Damon's arm mimicking the boy; but she got shoved off.

"Hey, Jeremy. Looking good, man," Stefan said with a small smile.

The girl squinted and twirled a piece of her hair, "he sure is," she snapped her teeth at the boys and then went back to her drink.

Damon rolled his eyes.

"Hey Stefan. Glad you're back," Jeremy said.

Stefan eyed the girl who had been casually staring all around the place; makeup still smudged; her not wearing mundane clothes. "yeah .. yeah," he then turned to Damon. "All right I'll uh see you at home."

Harley spun around and waved viciously at the younger Salvatore, "Bye!!"

Damon's voice overpowered hers with a "great" as Stefan left the mystic grill.

"Something's wrong. When he touched me, I felt a chill where my tattoo was," Jeremy recalled.

Harley nodded, "he uh he did seem a little sketchy I'll tell you that."

"what are you talking about ?" Damon interrupted the girl and went straight towards what Jeremy was saying.

Jeremy sighed, "Right before I died, Silas grabbed me and I felt the same thing."

Harley was confused more now than ever and there was an ache in her heart; Jeremy had died and she felt that way when she thought the joker was gone.

"you died ?" She whimpered.

Jeremy nodded, "but I'm alright now," she nodded in return and Jeremy brought his attention back to the annoyed Salvatore. "That was Silas."

Damon scoffed, "that's impossible."

"I'm a hunter. Our whole reason for existing is to kill him. I know what I'm feeling, Damon. That - that was Silas," Jeremy said.

"oh a hunter huh ?? So you use guns, I know how to use a gun too!!" She explained.

"Great you just gave me one more reason why I shouldn't kill you," Damon smiled sarcastically.

Jeremy rolled his eyes.

"Look, I just watched him walk through a crowd of people that saw Stefan. There's no way he could fool that many people at once. I mean, he's psychic, but no one's that psychic," Damon said eagerly trying to make his point.

Jeremy looked at Harley and then at Damon, "what did he want ?"

Damon thought for a moment and then looked at the two.

Harley mumbled something under her breath and then frowned, "oh boy this isn't gonna end well is it."