Happy Valentines-Day From Yours Truly

Valentine's Day, Morning, 6:38 A.M.

Captain Emily Burner, a twenty-six year, brown hair, hazel eyed woman, fresh out of college, has been given the biggest job in history; to catch the Blade Runner. On a cold February morning, she arrives at the scene of the crime, with coffee in hand, and her Co-Worker: Aaron Beizal.

"Hey Captain, we found something over here."

Emily Burner walks up to one of her fellow detectives and slowly tilts her view over his shoulder to see the crime scene.

"What have you found, detective?"
"What seems to be the body of one: Sarah Kalvin."
"Hmmm, sad, isn't it? But, why would anyone want to kill her? Do you know of any known enemies? Have you even gotten around to talking to witnesses yet?"
"I have. But, as far as they or anyone else knows, she didn't. She's bright, beautiful, athletic, and outgoing. Who could have WANTED to kill her?
"Do we know a cause of death?"
"From what we have seen before your arrival, there are a large number of gashes around her arms and legs, several stab wounds on her back, chest, and thighs, and what seems to be the execution; throat slit with the knife left in her neck, clean, of all things. But as far as we can tell, the gash that hit her kidney killed her before her throat was slit."
"Good God... How... how can you witness this? thats just awful... sickening even."
"Well, this is the third victim, I got used to it."
"Wait, THIRD victim? How long has this case been open?!"
"Wait, they didn't tell you? Captain, this has been going on for a few months. We think the murders are linked, but we just don't know what's the linking piece."
"Well, keep up the search. Gather any evidence you can and report back to me. Till then, I'm going to go talk to the witnesses."
"Will do Captain!"

Emily steps away from the scene and the crowd of eleven other detectives, who are taking pictures, notes, searching for evidence, or loading her onto the stretcher to get her autopsy. She approaches the witnesses, two young women who barely look a day over twenty.

"Hello, I'm Captain Emily Burner, mind if I ask you ladies a few questions? May we start with names?"
"I'm Ashley Gram, -said in a small, soft spoken voice- a junior at the nearby university. Sarah was a close friend of mine... who would do something like this?"
Tears slowly start to fill her eyes and she realizes the loss she is dealing with.
"And I'm Karlia McBeth. Do you have any idea who could have done this?"
"I'm sorry, but I don't. I really wish I could help give you some closure and settle you down knowing this man is in custody and/or put away... but I really don't know who did this. I'm very sorry for your loss. Did you happen to see what the man looked like, anything at all?"

The two stand holding each other, Karlia speaks out saying the man is late twenties and has blonde hair and green eyes. When she tries to continue describing the man all that is heard is a BANG! Suddenly, the two girls drop to the ground simultaneously.

"What the hell?! Well, isn't this just great?! We lost the only witnesses to the case! At this rate, this case will be the death of me..."

Emily leaves with her head down, feeling sympathy for the loss of the girls.
"This has taken a toll on everyone... I need to catch him, my career depends on it!"